H3RESQ's Dream MJ, the build continues...

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome job. It's been awhile since I've read your build thread, and I was blown away by your progress and work..... TOP NOTCH :thumbsup:

Few questions for ya:

1. What size tires? Didn't see ya mention that.

2. What changed your mind obout the bed bob?

3. Out of curiosity, what tube bender are you using?

Awesome job. It's been awhile since I've read your build thread, and I was blown away by your progress and work..... TOP NOTCH :thumbsup:

Few questions for ya:

1. What size tires? Didn't see ya mention that.

2. What changed your mind obout the bed bob?

3. Out of curiosity, what tube bender are you using?

35 inch cooper stt's

Didnt want to loose that much bed space, wanted to keep it full bodied mj, and its a fad to bob beds (kinda like huge stinger bumpers).

J2squared, air over hydro, using bend tech.

I still can't wait to see this thing in person. :chillin:

Going to any events anytime soon?

Rubicon and fordyce first week of august. Rubicon, fordyce, and barrett lake in late aug through first of sept. If finished lakefair car show third fri of july. Fear the Jeeper if they have it this year. Naches and evans randomly throughout the summer on weekends. Over cap peak to broklynn tavern whenever possible....oh and a garage sale day here and there...lol. :)

Rubicon, fordyce, and barrett lake in late aug through first of sept.

Have you heard anything about the status of Barrett Lake? Last I heard it was closed.

Willy

Its closed most of the year (Its average open time is about 2 months per year!). It opens when the snow melts. Changes every year depending on snow level and accumulation. Here is a good site for info... (expected to open mid-july this year)

http://www.hi-landers.com/BLT/BLT.html

Rubicon, fordyce, and barrett lake in late aug through first of sept.

Have you heard anything about the status of Barrett Lake? Last I heard it was closed.

Willy

Its closed most of the year (Its average open time is about 2 months per year!). It opens when the snow melts. Changes every year depending on snow level and accumulation. Here is a good site for info... (expected to open mid-july this year)

http://www.hi-landers.com/BLT/BLT.html

According to the El Dorado National Forest and other reports I have read it is closed until further notice, along with several other routes. Here is the full list. Barrett Lake is on the second page, route 11N26F.

I haven't seen a recent update. Barrett Lake is on our list this summer too. :fs1:

Willy

Ive seen that report as well as some talk on Pirate. The site I gave link to includes a # at bottom of page you can call. Were going to that area either way so we plan to just call when were actually there and find out whats up.

Cab Cage, bed sliders, rear resivour mounts are about thats left. Wes anda I spent today putting all the grade 8 hardware in, making sure everything was tight, topping fluids, bleeding brakes, etc.

Then I drove it!!!!!

She is so close to being finished ...

Got her out on the road a little yesterday. Lots of shock, sway bar tuning to do but she is a runner. Gonna clean her and adj. Suspension a little, then back in to finish the tube work. So sweet to get her out on the road.

first day in garage :)

I can never get enough of this truck. I have followed all the build threads on this truck and plan to do my own MJ build someday. Awesome job and can't wait to more progress and pictures! :clapping:

Thanks. Good luck with your build. Ill keep the picks a coming. Detailed motor bay today...

I can never get enough of this truck. I have followed all the build threads on this truck and plan to do my own MJ build someday. Awesome job and can't wait to more progress and pictures! :clapping:

Thanks. Good luck with your build. Ill keep the picks a coming. Detailed motor bay today...

I don't recall seeing that bar before. Is that a strut support or?