Making your tail lights stand out from the crowd

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fyi... smokn or tinting your tails can get you ticketed even if its not illegal... officers have the discretion to ticket anything they see as unsafe... "operating an unsafe vehicle" gotten a couple tickets that said that...

When I did mine some time ago, I removed the lights, masked the portions I wished to keep red, and sprayed the rest with semi-gloss black.

After peeling the masking tape, I shot the entire thing with clear gloss enamel, which really brought out the red, whereas it was a sickly hazy red before spraying.

When I did mine some time ago, I removed the lights, masked the portions I wished to keep red, and sprayed the rest with semi-gloss black.

After peeling the masking tape, I shot the entire thing with clear gloss enamel, which really brought out the red, whereas it was a sickly hazy red before spraying.

thats what I'm talk about... smoke it up :) its look hell sexy! :thumbsup:

Alas, its not smoked- just poor lighting and crappy cell camera.

Alas, its not smoked- just poor lighting and crappy cell camera.

well... its look like smoked to me anyway i like it :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was painting the whole thing, and remembering this thread, figured I'd paint them up real quick.

BTW, the Krylon does get scratched, but I hose it down, rubbing with a sponge and whatever paint comes off, it comes off. Then I hit the whole truck up with about a can of paint, and it looks brand new. :yes:

Almost every new person who see's my truck is like "Awesome". I got the "I didn't know there was a Jeep truck!' the other day. A lot of Vets have stopped me and asked it it was a legit military vehicle. I honestly see some fire in their eyes when I am talking to them, like they are remembering the Jeep that saved their @$$ in WW2 or Nam'.

• 2 weeks later...

After having done this months and months ago the paint has chipped and faded. I do not recommend ever using any type of spray on or roll on DIY bed liner. The stuff sucks. I will be redoing this very soon.

Brandon

• 1 year later...

After having done this months and months ago the paint has chipped and faded. I do not recommend ever using any type of spray on or roll on DIY bed liner. The stuff sucks. I will be redoing this very soon.

Brandon

Well, sure, after a few months. Redo it every spring. Take a day and paint.

Guess i'll throw up mine. .

Right off the truck after half a year of offroading and abuse.

Thoroughly cleaned, polished, and taped.  I used a toothbrush and tooth pic to clean out the grooves. :D

Painted with left over bedliner spray, looks Awesome, textured. But scrapes off with your fingernail. :doh:    Just have to remember to remove when i go to wash the truck.

No pics on truck, yet. . .