Michael Jackson Dead

Darren

JeepcoMJ,

Any chance you could call me Friday, tomorrow? I've been trying to get in touch about truck.

Regarding Michael Jackson. It was a different time and place. He wasn't the kid we all knew back in the early 70s that you saw in the news. I think he is a good example of what happens to someone from child abuse and the price of stardom.

I for one will miss what he was at one time.

thanks,

woody.

just found this out tonight. and farrah dying on the same day? CA-razy! Two true icons dying on the same day. Kinda interesting that ole Mike died at 50. you could argue that he live roughly two completely different lives the same amount of time. i don't know how old he was when he went full whacko, but i'm guessing it was @25.

Can't help but wonder if its all a publicity stunt to kickstart the upcoming tour.......

You say this as if he is the next coming of christ! Maybe he thought he was on that level, but to most of us, he was just another screwed up celebrity. Yeah its horrible that he died so young, but with as much money as hes made and squandered, most of us really don't feel any sympathy for him. One could say that he is the product of todays pop culture, but that doesnt give him or any other pop idol a free pass to act the way they do. I guess the bigger part of that problem is that soo many people support these idiots and just keep on enabling them to behave that way. Makes me want to go live in a 10x10 cabin in the woods and write a manifesto!

:rant:

Can't help but wonder if its all a publicity stunt to kickstart the upcoming tour.......

You say this as if he is the next coming of christ! Maybe he thought he was on that level, but to most of us, he was just another screwed up celebrity. Yeah its horrible that he died so young, but with as much money as hes made and squandered, most of us really don't feel any sympathy for him. One could say that he is the product of todays pop culture, but that doesnt give him or any other pop idol a free pass to act the way they do. I guess the bigger part of that problem is that soo many people support these idiots and just keep on enabling them to behave that way. Makes me want to go live in a 10x10 cabin in the woods and write a manifesto!

:rant:

Don't get me wrong I in no way like the idea of him pulling more of his $#!&. I am just a fed up with all the bs that he got away with as most people are. What do you think would have happened to the average joe if we dangled a kid from a balcony or had little kids sleeping in our beds? We would be in jail thats what. But because he is the "king of pop" he got away with it. Sometimes I wish I had money then I could get away with murder too.....

I was sorry to see that Farrah Fawcett lost her battle with cancer today, though. R.I.P. Farrah... She was a talented, beautiful actress.

LOL!! That is hilarious! :clapping:

Willy

Why do you find that amusing? She was nominated for Emmys three times and had several highly acclaimed roles. Farrah was NOT a typical, air-head blond. She was a serious and accomplished actress with a lot of talent. You just stopped looking when you got to the smile and knockers. Shame on you.

I believe his comment was about the "12 year old nuts" Joke. By the way the nut joke RULES!

Nope, he put 'talented' in bold for a reason, I'd say.

As to of which, I wouldn't judge. But she was a hotty, and didn't do any annoying BS that I can recall (I'm the slightly wrong generation to judge, meh), so I will mourn her passing.

Man.......all the negatively in this topic :eek:

:shake:

For those of us that watched Charley's Angels when first broad casted (and not on re-runs :roll: ) we all have a different "view" of Farrah Fawcett, along with the original poster :brows: , plus the other ground braking films, like The Burning Bed, and all her Golden Globe and Emmy nomination's.

Of course, most of her "spot light" was thru out the mid 70's and 80's.

One whom grew up with the Jackson 5, Yes, I watched them live on the Ed Sullivan Show, and the cartoon show they had, Plus their variety show in the mid/late 70's.

MJ was an icon in the music industry, in his solo career, don't need to mention all the hits and the change to the music world he created. In his person life........ :roll:

i don't know how old he was when he went full whacko, but i'm guessing it was @25

Wahoo........I'm thinking it was around '93-'94 when MJ went off the deep end, at what age 35-36, That's when things really started to change for his career, and the "allegation" were rolling. That's also about the time he started all the plastic surgery, and the "look" he has today :roll:

Just after the '93 super bowl half time show (most watched half time ever) in which the Bill's lost again :oops:

As most child stars, all comes to a crashing halt at one time, in MJ's case, he continued on and became a world wide performer, a humanitarian, and a sharp businessman, who else would ever think of buying the Beatles catalog.

Sadly, most remember him for the "allegations".

But..........from the replies in this post, I acknowledge that most of the negative responses were from the <30 crowd.

jackson_michael_vigil_1.jpg

and a sharp businessman, who else would ever think of buying the Beatles catalog.

I agree with ya execpt this part. Believe it or not, he was talking with Paul McCartney one day (somewhere around the Ebony and Ivory recording) and ask him what a good investment would be. Paul joking told him to buy up the rights to the Beatles songs. The rest well is history.

:cheers:

While I never cared too much for MJ's pop music after he became a teen, he was and will remain a huge icon in the American music industry. He was right up there with Elvis and the Beetles. My all time favorite of his was "Ben"; yes, the rat Ben. :D Unfortunately he'll be remembered more by how badly he conducted his personal life and how he allowed himself to be manipulated and used by the leeches that constantly surrounded him. He was a creative genious, and like a lot of them he was weak. Same way King Elvis was. Dayem shame he had to go out like that.........

I was sorry to see that Farrah Fawcett lost her battle with cancer today, though. R.I.P. Farrah... She was a talented, beautiful actress.

LOL!! That is hilarious! :clapping:

Willy

Why do you find that amusing? She was nominated for Emmys three times and had several highly acclaimed roles. Farrah was NOT a typical, air-head blond. She was a serious and accomplished actress with a lot of talent. You just stopped looking when you got to the smile and knockers. Shame on you.

OK, I'll concede that acting and tits can be considered talents. But, she was most definitely an air head blond. I never heard anything come out of her mouth that would lead me to believe she could even complete elementary school - even with this no child left behind BS.

You are correct that I stopped looking when she was on TV, but it had nothing to do with her smile or knockers. I changed the channel. She is another one that I can't understand why anybody would find attractive. Seriously, how could anybody even notice her standing next to Jaclyn Smith. Farrah would be the one your buddy took for the team when they both walked up to you.

Even though I wasn't a fan I really didn't wish anything bad for her. I couldn't imagine going through what she did. I know how my poop shoot feels after using the sandpaper they put in airport crappers. Having cancer back there can't be a good way to go.

Willy