Project "Onyx"

Less talk more cowbell... :yes:

You can NEVER have too much cow bell.

Shelby, I like the interior the new way. If you decide to go with the darker colors tho, I have a 97+ console that is the very dark grey (almost black) that you can have for $10 plus shipping

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Less talk more cowbell... :yes:

Sorry, I've wanted to use that for a long time. :D

Keep up the great work on the project. :thumbsup:

Did anyone else read that in christopher walkens voice?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a touch of cowbell,

Here is a teaser pic of my new seats. I like the WK seats but they are too tall and hard to match the interior to.

New look will be all agate (thanks Sir Sam for the idea) with these,

They are a bolt in for the 97+ brackets too!

Just a touch of cowbell,

Here is a teaser pic of my new seats. I like the WK seats but they are too tall and hard to match the interior to.

New look will be all agate (thanks Sir Sam for the idea) with these,

They are a bolt in for the 97+ brackets too!

What did those seats come out of?

• 2 weeks later...

Quick teaser pic. It got too dark before I could get some better ones. My drive way slopes down hill. It is not really that high in the back. I had a 1/4 of clearance from the garage door! Looks like the 245s will be as big as she is getting.

• 2 weeks later...

I got some progress made the last few days... finally!

I got the ZJ seats and 2 door tilt mechanisms installed.

See the write up here

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16295

OH YEAH... THEY TILT FORWARD LIKE STOCK!!!

I got the 97's fire wall cut out and modded to cover the holes for the steering and brake booster. I also got the big booster mounted up.

Fabbed up new brake lines from the master to the prop valve.

Got most of the 97's stuff mounted up to the fender wells.

Since I forgot to post pics of the D30 swap and lift here ya go.

And here are some day time pics of the truck.

Looking good :thumbsup:

I am going to try and run some pre 96 flares up front. I think I can trim the bumper caps to follow the flares and be totally un-noticeable.

I toyed with the idea of cutting and modding 97+ flares for the rear again, like I did to Betty, but it is just a royal PIA.

I got some progress made the last few days... finally!

I got the ZJ seats and 2 door tilt mechanisms installed.

OH YEAH... THEY TILT FORWARD LIKE STOCK!!!

I am glad that those tilt mechanisms worked so well. Sorry about the trim being the wrong color. I went back to the yard and they did not have the darker side peices.

The seats look great, though. Had I known that you were using ZJ seats, I would have offered to pull the covers and/or pads off of that agate interior on the 97. You could have fitted them over your existing 97+ frames.

Thanks for the help getting me the parts. No big deal on the bottom parts being the wrong color. I have to paint a lot of the parts agate to match the dash and door panels anyhow.

I was going to keep the 97+ XJ seats but the ZJ seats are sooo comfy that the XJ seats do not compare to them. Plus they have a power lumbar in them which is very nice for long trips.

Thanks for the help getting me the parts. No big deal on the bottom parts being the wrong color. I have to paint a lot of the parts agate to match the dash and door panels anyhow.

I was going to keep the 97+ XJ seats but the ZJ seats are sooo comfy that the XJ seats do not compare to them. Plus they have a power lumbar in them which is very nice for long trips.

What lift is under the truck right now? And what size tires? I scanned through all 10 pages, but I was a lazy reader.

I never really said, opps.

It has RC drop brackets, 4.5" RE coils, and a JKS track bar up front. The rear is a SOA using stock 2WD leaf packs and Ruff Stuff Dana 44 Easy Swap kit. The tires and wheels are factory Rubicon take offs with the stock 245/75/16 MTRs.

:bowdown: i still have your steering wheel and visor when your ready for it lol.

I know James, sorry for not getting it sooner. It will be a couple more weeks before I can get down there to pick it up. I will be working this weekend then I leave for a week right after that. I will be home on the 22nd. Maybe I can pick it up that weekend?