Project "Onyx"

nice job but...aren't you gonna clean that up a bit so it looks nicer? i mean...the rest of the truck is BEAUTIFUL so far so I wouldn't overlook a little thing like that

Once you get the fender and the door back on, it's invisible.

Robert

not really. you just have to know where to look.

and he knows.

lol...sorry, I'm anal about these things...well, with my 86 anyways.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice seat mod. I was curious if they would fit. Is the seating surface alot higher than stock? (If you remember) I'm trying to decide if I'm going to re-cover these factory buckets. I wonder if KK seats would fit..

They are pretty tall compared to stock. I would not use them in a truck with the old style dash at all. You would get stuck under the steering wheel. The steering wheel location in the 97+ is a couple inches higher than the old trucks.

I still have about 4 inches of head room left and I am 5' 9" tall or so.

They are pretty tall compared to stock. I would not use them in a truck with the old style dash at all. You would get stuck under the steering wheel. The steering wheel location in the 97+ is a couple inches higher than the old trucks.

I still have about 4 inches of head room left and I am 5' 9" tall or so.

OK , I'll keep looking for options then , I'm 6'2" and have short legs I wonder if any of the other current jeeps have shorter seats. Not that I'm even close to working on interior.

Keep up the good work , it keps the rest of us motovated. -Andy

Hey Bo, how well do those WK seats fit in there? They look like they sit a little high, but I can't really tell.

Hey DJ, Welcome to the Club! :cheers:

See the response above for your answer.

Make sure you post pics when you drag that new truck home next week! :idea:

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing around with some SEM in a few different colors. I painted the upper dash taupe and the lower portions ladera. Not a perfect match but really close.

Here is the slight difference between the two colors. The console is ladera and the seats are Chrysler taupe.

Just a few touches to make it unique.

BEFORE AND AFTER SHOT

BEFORE

AFTER

Likes/dislikes?

Me personally... I like it before as well. When you change to the lighter colors, especially with paint, the chances of it showing nicks and scrapes are much greater in my opinion. Also it might prove to be harder to keep clean if you get mud on it and all.

But - Remember this is your Jeep - Not ours. Your word is the final one Chief and whatever you want, you should have :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work!

At first I thought, ok cool, it's different. And I thought, well maybe it doesn't look so "lavender" in person. But I have to agree it looks way better before for my tastes. If I am correct that your goal was to match up to the seats you got, why not just have the seats recovered to match the original dash. Considering you committed grand larceny on what you paid for those seats :yes: , you could have them recovered and still be in to them for cheap! :brows:

I agree with $500 though, for all the effort you've put in to this killer project, it truly deserves to be whatever YOU want it to be. :thumbsup:

It looks a little better in person. But I don't like it. I only bought one can of each for testing purposes. This is not the dash in the before pics. I have an extra one. This is my test bunny dash. I am going to try to use a couple different colors later this week. I am going with a tri-color theme like my WJ has.

It is taupe (not that color taupe either) med. taupe, and lt. taupe. Once I spray then I will take more pics for observation.

And for those that asked why I did not recover my seats. My answer is, Have you priced a complete seat recover for a pair of seats plus the head rests?