Project "Onyx"

Alright as the new owner of Project "Onyx" I'm proud to say that its back in the process. I work for FORTEC Custom Jeeps and have an entire fab shop at my disposal so this will be put into overdrive. I am in the process of prepping it for paint as we speak so updates on progress are to come. But for right now the plans are for custom bumpers, sliders, re-gear, 35's, rear coils or coilovers and a 3 or 4 link suspension, and MAYBE a Hemi swap. I will keep you guys posted and pics of the progress are soon to come.

-Bronson

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am i the only one that thinks that after all the hard work that Bo put into that truck, it almost seems a shame to tear it all apart again for a different engine. :dunno:

:agree:

That was my first thought too. All that work for the TJ HO engine and wiring will be thrown out.

Willy

It is Bronson's truck now. I hope he does put the Hemi in it. I would love to see it done. The 4.0L in the truck now has some piston slap at about 3000 RPM. It could be on it's way out. I dunno. It will probably last a long long time with the rattle.

I honestly doubt Bronson has the time to under take dropping the Hemi in though. Fortech keeps him pretty busy. If any shop could pull it off they can. The owner is the man who designed the Brute conversion for AEV!

am i the only one that thinks that after all the hard work that Bo put into that truck, it almost seems a shame to tear it all apart again for a different engine. :dunno:

I was thinking the same thing, its kinda a shame to go another direction when the 97+ upgrade is almost complete.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the Hemi is gonna be on hold for a long while, we are covered up at the shop right now. I've managed to get in around two hours a day after work getting it ready for paint so I should have pics up within the next week of the new shine. Its actually taken very little bondo but I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to detail so its going really slow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
any chance you have a chart for what wires go to what for the cross over?

Don't hold me to this but I am pretty sure...

pink/black tracer = sender signal

black (thin) or was it green = sender ground

orange = pump positive

black = pump ground

You will need to cut the spring clips out of the 97 pump top to remove the 2 black connectors.