Project "Onyx"

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Today was give Onyx some love day.

5ecfc8a3357374ac67fcb58b99705540.jpg

My 6year old APN header was cracked in about 10 different places. My thermostat housing and water pump were leaking. Also my PCV was clogged with crap.

c8d8b364c87cb1de9b74f311141628cd.jpg

Water pump, thermostat housing and new $86 Amazon manifold in place.

1623f65fea7c3fc427eb559d50aef5a0.jpg

Finished up and running better than I can remember.

9d9e219ecc6c509a2eae6471f223acd2.jpg

Why not take a glamour shot of her while I'm at it?

4104df7da6fbea8059eb77f4702ecd2c.jpg

I still love seeing this Comanche. Especially the tire/lift combination is just perfect. How's Betty doing?

Thank you very much. It has been a labor of love with this truck. She is far from perfect, but she is perfect for me.

Betty is tucked away, sleeping peacefully in a 10x20 storage locker. I am moving to California in June and will soon have a garage again.

1e753f30887add5991f0d75e81569f2d.jpg

• 1 month later...

They look good a lined up together, Bo. I'll be doing the same (hopefully) soon enough. Makes me nervous thinking about all my vehicles on one trailer though. Safe travels to your "children"!

See you in a few months, I'm going to miss them. My babies are loaded up and headed to SoCal. I'll be there soon to get them.

63ed63fef7857ddedab1104006564732.jpg

2e173e4c87f78571b57eaad1cd0849df.jpg

Is that a GLH or GLHS? Those cars were awesome for their day.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

Neither. The GLH was an Omni. The GLHS was either a 86 Omni or a Black 87 Shelby Charger that were modified by Carroll Shelby. 500 GLHS Omni's and 1000 GLHS Chargers.

My car is just a plain old 87 Shelby Charger. Funny thing is, they only made 445 garnet 87 Shelby Chargers.

Neither. The GLH was an Omni. The GLHS was either a 86 Omni or a Black 87 Shelby Charger that were modified by Carroll Shelby. 500 GLHS Omni's and 1000 GLHS Chargers.

My car is just a plain old 87 Shelby Charger. Funny thing is, they only made 445 garnet 87 Shelby Chargers.

Ah can't really see too well from the photo but going by your screen name and the look of the back...you can see how I came to that. Lol. And have a safe trip brother.

• 2 months later...

I went to my local junkyard today and found the correct switches for my AC system. I had to take one off a Dodge Ram and another off a Grand Cherokee. For some reason my "97" wiring is not the same as other 97s out there? I put the switches in and tried to put a can of 134 in and it wouldn't kick the compressor on. I jumped the compressor the battery and it clicked and spun. Then the sparks started flying out of the clutch.

Back to the yard for a clutch. Of course my compressor is different than all the rest out there. I pulled a clutch and spacers off a Ram and headed home to put it on. Got the compressor on and fired up the truck.

I have AC! After three years of sweating and hating my truck, I can now cruise in comfort!

• 4 weeks later...

Was the "new style" windshield and trim a mind blower to safelite like it was on mine?

Here, it was like something that shouldn't have even been possible due to the laws of physics and they'd never heard of this before. Even though I did it 11 months earlier from the same safelite location...

Was the "new style" windshield and trim a mind blower to safelite like it was on mine?

Here, it was like something that shouldn't have even been possible due to the laws of physics and they'd never heard of this before. Even though I did it 11 months earlier from the same safelite location...

He was thinking it was for the Cherokee. Then saw two other Jeeps and got confused. He was a young kid and was worried at first about it fitting right. Once he saw the 96 XJ was the same body as the 86 MJ, he was all about putting it in the 97 converted 89.

Bo,

Notice no front plate on the truck. California requires both front and rear plates. But imagine you are still registered in Georgia? If so, you likely will not be bothered by CHP.

John, it has GA tags still. I will be moving to Arizona once we buy a house in the next few months. No front plate for me.

• 5 weeks later...