This Guy Should Be Ashamed........

yellaheep

I can't figure out how this guy hasn't recieved a thorough razzing by the Pirate4x4 folks..........  This thing has got to be unusable and completely unsafe to drive much less build...... He shouldn't even give it to someone.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/vehicles-trailers-sale/1450873-1987-jeep-comanche-4x4-1000-obo-se-mi.html

'87 Comanche - $1,000

"The Comanche hasn't been on the road in about 10 years or so, but it has been started up and driven around the property regularly....... would make a great off road rig."

Driven regularly???? I'd say the tire off the rim and sunk into the ground suggests otherwise, not to mention the spider webs spanning the driver's entry into the cab....... Off road rig???? That thing is going to split in half if it so much as flexes on a street curb......

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it, but that is one MJ that needs to be put down. Right up there with that yellow and green abomination that has been floating around recently.

I guess with the price set on this bucket, I'm not asking enough for mine set at the same price. Guess I should up it 5 fold.  :banana:

If the body is in that bad of shape....I could imagine the frame....smh

Being from Florida and Colorado (OP), you may have never seen road salt. My off road rig looks like that when it still had the bed on. Large rust holes above both wheels and in front of the driver side rear tire all the way to fuel door. Frame is still in good shape. Wildman used to drive an MJ where the fender flare was seemingly floating in mid air because there was no sheetmetal left around it on the outer bed side. Again, the frame was still good.

The "frame" may have appeared ok, but I gotta wonder about the inside of the "frame" rails and the minute gaps between spot welded seams.

Either way, there's a TON of MJ's on the market now WAY better than that POS for the same money. 

I haven't paid more than $1400 for any of my 4 MJ's and that was for the '91 Eliminator in my avatar pic.  2 '91's have ZERO rust, my DD '91 has minor floor board rust on the driver's side, and my '90 has a silver dollar sized spot on the bed side next to the fuel filler door. 

After reading this half a dozen times I'm just wondering if perhaps the guy isn't having a little fun pulling our legs. 'Tongue in check' humor. Something I would pull. :yes:

that's what I'm hoping.  that, or the wifey threatened him if he didn't put it up for sale. :D 

I'm not ashamed,

But I am famous!  :laughin:

For the record the price does have OBO next to it...

And the last car I sold was priced at $7,000 obo... and I took $5,000 for it.

If you thinking my asking price is high, your correct... Ask more, take less, buyer thinks their getting a deal. 

If the body is in that bad of shape....I could imagine the frame....smh

Being from Florida and Colorado (OP), you may have never seen road salt. My off road rig looks like that when it still had the bed on. Large rust holes above both wheels and in front of the driver side rear tire all the way to fuel door. Frame is still in good shape. Wildman used to drive an MJ where the fender flare was seemingly floating in mid air because there was no sheetmetal left around it on the outer bed side. Again, the frame was still good.

Ahhh, see this guy understands

The frame is rock solid, here's some pics I took yesterday for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Never judge a book by it's cover yellaheep, 88whitemache & gogmorgo. (didn't your mama's tell you that?)

Rockers and doors jams are still decent as well.