This Guy Should Be Ashamed........

yellaheep

I can't figure out how this guy hasn't recieved a thorough razzing by the Pirate4x4 folks..........  This thing has got to be unusable and completely unsafe to drive much less build...... He shouldn't even give it to someone.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/vehicles-trailers-sale/1450873-1987-jeep-comanche-4x4-1000-obo-se-mi.html

'87 Comanche - $1,000

"The Comanche hasn't been on the road in about 10 years or so, but it has been started up and driven around the property regularly....... would make a great off road rig."

Driven regularly???? I'd say the tire off the rim and sunk into the ground suggests otherwise, not to mention the spider webs spanning the driver's entry into the cab....... Off road rig???? That thing is going to split in half if it so much as flexes on a street curb......

Let me define regularly for you... once a month. 

See frame pics above, nothing is splitting in half anytime soon.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those pics just confirm this truck is done.  The frame rails may appear solid on the outside, but inside they're very likely to be rotting.  And what those rails were spot welded to is no longer solid.

b.lee......... please, scrap that poor MJ and put it out of it's misery.  Don't endanger the public by allowing it back onto the streets or trails.  Taking money for that truck from anyone but a metal recycler should be a criminal act.

Missing bolt?????

Those pics just confirm this truck is done.  The frame rails may appear solid on the outside, but inside they're very likely to be rotting.  And what those rails were spot welded to is no longer solid.

Man you must have a good eye to see that from 900 miles away!

Anywho, I'm not here to argue. (specially over a $900 comanche lol)

Carry on

Bout as good a deal as this one. http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/4082347143.html

No title, missing most of the front clip, and doesnt run. Dude wants $1000 for it, really?

00m0m_1sNAmMpp3WS_600x450.jpg

00m0m_kHyiA1D6YvD_600x450.jpg

00Y0Y_1TquXgj89x_600x450.jpg

Maybe $500, and thats just because it has nice tail lights and a nice tailgate...

Yeah i saw that and was thinking about it, but DEFINATLY not $1000, i would go up there in my MJ and say "You see that pretty black Comanche? I bought that one the way it is running for $1000."

Bout as good a deal as this one. http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/4082347143.html

No title, missing most of the front clip, and doesnt run. Dude wants $1000 for it, really?

00m0m_kHyiA1D6YvD_600x450.jpg

00Y0Y_1TquXgj89x_600x450.jpg

Maybe $500, and thats just because it has nice tail lights and a nice tailgate...

Yeah i saw that and was thinking about it, but DEFINATLY not $1000, i would go up there in my MJ and say "You see that pretty black Comanche? I bought that one the way it is running for $1000."

Oh wow, bedsides without holes!  :drool:

$400 Comanche. Bed full of mulch. driven up to 500 miles roundtrip at a time. 

After $50 worth of used TJ fender flares and 30 minutes of work:

Not hateful for $450. Good taillights. Sliding rear window. 4.0 HO. No floor holes. yes, $1000 bucks for scrap trucks is shameful.

Rust belters would be on that bed like a fly on doodie.

Is it priced high?  Maybe.  Should the seller be ashamed?  Absolutely not.  I see a long bed with no rust and a lot of potential...

The original intent of this thread was not to bash the anyone on price, but being the cheapskates that we all are, we love to boast about how we got our MJs for $13 and a jar of farts so I understand why the thread took that direction.  The intent was to show a completely neglected, POS MJ that needs to be put out of its misery. 

Just a few posts up there is a $450 mj... an $800 dollar rust free mj... and a $500 mj... So I don't care what you think... $450 for a bed and no tailgate is ridiculous when compared to whole mjs for roughly the same price...