This Guy Should Be Ashamed........

yellaheep

I'd say it's ridiculous out there in CO. Here in OH though, I'd be all over that thing if I needed it. I'd of course try to get him cheaper, and I'd be hard pressed to pay 450, but I'd do 300 without feeling like I overpaid or anything. Of course it would then need to be blasted and rust proofed or in just a couple years the investment would be right back to square one when compared to the one it probably replaced.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few posts up there is a $450 mj... an $800 dollar rust free mj... and a $500 mj... So I don't care what you think... $450 for a bed and no tailgate is ridiculous when compared to whole mjs for roughly the same price...

Ok, I get that you're completely infatuated with the cost of goods, but you completely missed my point as well as the intent of the original post.  Had you posted an ad of a beat to crap bed that had no chance of ever being returned to its former glory, I'd be on board, but you threw up an ad to a long bed that the rust belt nation would love to get their hands on and I'd be willing to bet there's a few out there who would pay close to the asking price.

The original intent of this thread was not to bash the anyone on price, but being the cheapskates that we all are, we love to boast about how we got our MJs for $13 and a jar of farts so I understand why the thread took that direction. 

I got my low mileage, no rust, MJ for $12 and a cat turd., With the cat still grunting. :yes:

These make awesome Jeep trailers!

Actually they make terrible Jeep trailers. Axle sits to far forward making them tail heavy.

Depends on what you make the front of the trailer out of.  My long bed trailer uses the MJ back half "frame", and the front "A" frame from a boat trailer.  I can wheel this trailer around by the tongue with one hand and it's tongue heavy.

I paid 1000 for mine with a bad motor and big intentions. Mainly because the body was really straight, came with an extra 4.0, extra turdy-five rear axle...nice black interior, blah blah. Even with the 2.8 in it i won't sell it. I'll consider a partial trade of $10,000 and another MJ...but won't sell it.

Made this one from a '75 J10. Been thinking about either mounting a tool box or a spare tire on the tongue to put more weight up front.

I have the matching box to that for sale in Seattle (no frame under it) Take off the rear bumper and the front should drop down. Is the spare still under the back as well?

• 2 weeks later...

I paid $1500 for mine and it's straight as an arrow.  The only thing wrong with it was the back bumper was smashed and the floor boards were a little rusted (and a couple of holes).  I wouldn't sell it for 3 times that now... But it's come a long way since January when I got her...

I have had 2 Comanche's break in half... They were only parts trucks though.

Now I am looking for a LWB bed for my truck and I would pay $700 for a completely rust free one. But that because I can't find any good one's in Ontario, Canada..... 

I have had 2 Comanche's break in half... They were only parts trucks though.

Now I am looking for a LWB bed for my truck and I would pay $700 for a completely rust free one. But that because I can't find any good one's in Ontario, Canada..... 

I'll bet... I lived in Oshawa for a couple years, and it seemed that the response to any kind of weather event between December and February was "Let's salt the roads!!!". I almost cried every time it snowed all of two inches and I saw a deuce and a half with a massive plow on the front drive by, blade up and turning the road into a gravel pit of salt.

While reading this thread I got depressed knowing that I paid 12k for my mj.  I guess I shouldn't feel bad since I've owned it for almost 24 years. I keep wondering if it will ever be worth 12k again.  That would be great if it's any time soon and I have to not think of all the money I've spent on it.  I will keep it and think of all the months I haven't had a car payment, at least for that vehicle.