Project -> "Super-W Deuce" - Still Alive and Kicking!

Well, I've been in hibernation for a while, but now figuring out that if I don't work on the trucks, I'll just go crazy with work stuff, so I have to try to get back to more "normal"...

This afternoon I left work early and pulled my front clip and Pass side fender that I've been planning on replaceing with the same from the 93 XJ that I parted out earlier this year..

I also hit the front bumper from the XJ with a coat of Duplicolor Truck bed liner and I think it will look pretty nice when all said and done (it was pretty rock pitted, but straight and not rusted, unlike mine that I pulled off the MJ).

img2775va3.jpg

I need to toss a coat of White Kyrlon Fusion on my White Flare and put everything back together (and swap the Cherokee and Comanche Badges), but think it will look pretty nice

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the only "before" pic I could find. The Pass Fender was crunched a little bit up front, the front clip was pushed in a few places and some of the plastics was cracked, busted or missing... Front bumper was also pretty rough, straight, but had extra holes from the push bar had been bolted on and was overall had a pretty "rough" look...

img3162kh1.jpg

img2783ex5.jpg

img2784mz1.jpg

So today, after pulling the bumper/front clip/passenger fender off the MJ I do doing some stuff when I was supposed to be "working from home" :eek:

1) Painted XJ Bumper with Duplicolor Truck Bed Liner

2) Painted Bumper End Caps with Krylon Fusion

3) Cleaned XJ Fender, pulled badges and Black Flare, painted lower black lower section

4) Painted Grill and Headlight buckets with Black Krylon Fusion

5) Repainted Original MJ White Front Flare with White Kyrlon Fusion

6) Put everything back together

7) Basked in my Glory and enjoyed some beers

I just have to get some Glue/Tape to put the "Comanche" badge back on the new fender

img2781ih9.jpg

img2786vk7.jpg

img2787gl3.jpg

img2791ds2.jpg

I'm pretty happy... the Black on the Grill is a little more "shiny" than I would haved liked and I have a little more gap between the hood and fender, bit I can fix that pretty easy...

...and the leftover stuff...

img2782tc3.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a long 21mm socket and I still wouldn't call it "easy". I also took the opportunity to shave a bit of metal off where the arms and the axle parts contacted. That truck isn't likely to see much offroading, but it made me feel better to know I've got maximum axle droop. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Got my 31x10.5r15 Mickey Thomson MTZ's installed over the weekend while I was gone... Used 1.25" Spidertrax spacers in the rear because my OEM Wheel Backspace is 5.50" and it was going to rub in back (my 9.50's had rubbed a little before). I also installed the WJ Front LCA to minimize rub up front.

img3679yp5.jpg

img3680cs1.jpg

img3682mk3.jpg

img3683fg3.jpg

Got my 31x10.5r15 Mickey Thomson MTZ's

img3679yp5.jpg

img3680cs1.jpg

Wow that looks nice. The rim & tire combo is perfect. What is your first impressions of the MTZ's?

Running the same Wheel/Tire combo on the TJ as well... just 33x12.5 instead of 31x10.5 on the MJ...

I've run 33x12.5 MTZ's on my TJ now for a couple years and REALLY like them in everything I have used them in (Mud, Rock, Sand and Snow) and for a DD... I don't know how long they will last...seems to be a "softer" rubber... I've only got about 6K on my TJ tires and Might have another 25-30K or so... When I go up to 35" I'll look at MTZ's first unless there is something newer out there.

But on the TJ, quiet "enough" on the road, and never been disappointed off... was running 6-8PSI all weekend in the snow and have run that in the rocks/mud and not yet busted a bead, so other than being kind of pricey, I like the looks and ability so far.

Wade

Wade-Deucy, looks super nice! Very clean. I am voting for your MJ as the current stealth rig on here. Slowly but surely and VERY QUIETLY I think you have one of the nicer trucks on here. Seriously.

What kind of lift do you have on there again? I remember the Chebby drop shackles out back, what else?

Wade-Deucy, looks super nice! Very clean. I am voting for your MJ as the current stealth rig on here. Slowly but surely and VERY QUIETLY I think you have one of the nicer trucks on here. Seriously.

What kind of lift do you have on there again? I remember the Chebby drop shackles out back, what else?

Thanks WS... It is pretty slow...since I've been tossing most of my $$$ into my TJ, the MJ is, and likely will always be 2nd fiddle...

I just have 2" Spacers up front and the Chebby drops in the back... Long term I'd like to get a Rubicon Express SuperFlex Kit up front and some Hell Creek 3" Springs for the back...This probably won't happen until after I do something about the engine, either a swap, rebuild, stroker, or something... I don't know when that will happen, maybe not until I actually grenade this 4.0L.

I'm having the 4.10 Re-Gear done either this week or next, and we will see how things progress... I'd like to still do the Line-X in the Bed and a Roll Bar, but otherwise am pretty happy from where it started when I got it until now.

Got my 31x10.5r15 Mickey Thomson MTZ's

img3679yp5.jpg

img3680cs1.jpg

Wow that looks nice. The rim & tire combo is perfect. What is your first impressions of the MTZ's?

Running the same Wheel/Tire combo on the TJ as well... just 33x12.5 instead of 31x10.5 on the MJ...

I've run 33x12.5 MTZ's on my TJ now for a couple years and REALLY like them in everything I have used them in (Mud, Rock, Sand and Snow) and for a DD... I don't know how long they will last...seems to be a "softer" rubber... I've only got about 6K on my TJ tires and Might have another 25-30K or so... When I go up to 35" I'll look at MTZ's first unless there is something newer out there.

But on the TJ, quiet "enough" on the road, and never been disappointed off... was running 6-8PSI all weekend in the snow and have run that in the rocks/mud and not yet busted a bead, so other than being kind of pricey, I like the looks and ability so far.

Wade

I am also running the 33" MTZ's and I really like them so far. Just wanted to know if you felt the same way. I put in a lot of miles on my commute, so it will be interesting to see how they hold up. image_209027.gif

• 1 month later...

I know ive been in your project topic before, anyway I'm glad to see another truck with the spacers in the rear, I ordered a set of Spidertraxs last night for mine and with my 4.75bs wheels I should have my tires right with the edge of the flare....Awesome, I have 1.5" of lift on mine and like the look of 31s on yours as well, Ill defently purchase 31s when my 30s are worn out. Nice looking truck man, thanks for giving me some ideas to steal :yes:

• 6 months later...

Per my other threads... I failed the CA Smog Test for inoperative EGR Valve...After inspected my Vacuum line setup was atrocious so I ordered new main vacuum harness...Go everything wired back up and need to go back and try to get it smogged again... This pic also shows my replacement Injectors, Junkyard Fuel Rail and newly painted Valve cover (and new gasket, the blue thing).

img5037x.jpg

My MJ had an electric Fan, but apparently my Radiator had been replaced at some point and didn't have the sensor and wiring harness that controlled the power to the fan. So I tapped into the wiring and went to one of the switches on my dash so I can selectivity turn on the electric fan when I want/need it on.

img5034x.jpg

img5046.jpg

Next, I ordered some HiCountry Offroad Xtreme D-Ring Brackets ... They are sitting on my workbench, but once I get the smog and DMV stuff done I'll spend a couple hours installing these.

img5088.jpg

next will be reinstalling my interior...