Project -> "Super-W Deuce" - Still Alive and Kicking!

Here is a big list of what I'd like to do...maybe over the next 12-24 months or so.

UPDATES

- Swap Rear Tube Bumper with something else (maybe a cheap stock black step bumper will fall into my lap until I decide what I want) - DONE

- New Front Bumper (I'd like something like my Hanson on my TJ, I just don't want to spend $800)

- Replace Rear White Tailgate with one less beat up - Newer one on the way soon!

- Rhino/Line-X/Herc the Bed

- Engine Swap/Rebuild (Maybe Stroker?)/New Exhaust Manifold, maybe Catback Exhaust setup - Something possibly the works soon! More info to come

- Install One Piece D30 Axles from my TJ and bypass the front Vacu-Disco (Have Axle Seal Leak anyhow, so this probably has to happen sooner rather than later) - DONE

- Install Rear Monroe Shocks - DONE

- Touch up all little Surface Rust Spots - DONE

- Install Black Drip-Rail on Drivers side - DONE

Longer Term:

Lift (3"?)/Bigger Tires (31" maybe)/Re-Gear/Lockers, etc etc....Actually have a chance to Wheel it... I'd like to get it setup and be able to take both the TJ and the MJ out on some of my local 4x4Club runs...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a "New" White Gate from Boilermaker, (Thanks Man! :cheers: )

Not perfect, but MUCH better than what I had before, and I think this one is good enough to do my Bed Lining (Rhino or Line-X, or whatever I can have done locally)...Best thing is the gate gave me an instant 20 HP Boost now that I have a 4.0HO engine per the emblem.

img1204re2.jpg

img1205kp2.jpg

Here is the "BEFORE" Shots...(It was also full of Gravel and Rocks that must have entered thru the big "gash" on the inside...It weighed almost twice as much as the replacement one)

img1170lr0.jpg

img1171do2.jpg

img1172ms4.jpg

I thought you were going to claim the 20 hp boost on the chrome. :D:cheers:

don't be silly the chrome is worth at least 30hp right hornbrod

Yah Yah... if I wasn't worried about what the paint looked like under the Chrome and/or would have to drill/cut out a couple of the screws to get that chrome off, I would... I might still for giggles....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Installed 2" Front Coil Spacers and Quick Disco's...

Will post pics once I get the Rear Shackles and it's more "level", although it's not HORRIBLE, so I think the 1-1.5" that I hope to get from the Shackle Lift will be just about right to get it level.

SW2

tease.......

Ok, just cause I hate to be called a tease...

Well, I added the 2" BB Front Coil Spacers this weekend and don't yet have the Rear Chevy Drop Shackles for the Rear. I thought it would be pretty unlevel, but was surprised that it really isn't all that much... Here is the "After Pics", with just the front spacers and nothing in the back. I think if I get about 1" in back then I will be happy with the way it looks. I'm eventually going to move from the 29x10.50 to 31x10.5, hopefully on this Budgetboost.

My street is "pretty" flat, but not perfectly so and slops slightly down (from left to right in my pic). Sitting in what I assume is my level garage floor with a level on a few spots on both sides of the bed rails show that the front in just a tad higher than the rear.

img1448vk2.jpg

BEFORE PIC for Reference... I notice more space up front...

aftertr2.jpg

i don't know if i said this before, but i love your truck. It has a simple look to it. no graphics or stickers all over it. very nice.

Thanks... I'm not a fan of the stickers and stuff... I do have the small ComancheClub.com one on the back window, but pretty much it... My TJ is the same way...I have a huge drawer of stickers from all the stuff that I've added that I will never stick onto any of my vehicles.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my XJ Buckets installed today... the Frames and Foam of the XJ Seats wasn't the best, but I got the covers nice and washed up and they look REALLY good... the MJ Bucket Brackets I got last month worked well...

BEFORE

img1552bk3.jpg

AFTER

img1553rb7.jpg

I like it. Lets me know how ours will look one day. jamminz.gif

How did you end up fixing the side piece on the seat back?

:cheers:

I didn't... I tried some JBWeld and it didn't hold at all... I just stuck it back in the foam, and it's kind of floating in there... I sent an SOS to my 4x4Club to watch out for a 2 Dr XJ Drivers Seat at the local PnP's... figure I don't care about the cover since I know mine are OK and just want one with OK Frame and Foam...