anyone else seem to have a problem with naxja?

JeepcoMJ

naxja likes to...disrespect nonpaying members

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.p ... t243778825

scorpio_vette (from wi4x4.com) rolled his xj and I helped fix it. he posted it in modified tech on naxja because the rollcage saved his life. that's mod. tech far as I see it...cause it wasn't a factory option. he posted it not as a "off-topic" but to be informative and promote the use of rollbars. they deleted it on the basis that A he's nonpaying member and B it's advanced tech (not that they actually said the former of the two accusations)

I disagree with them. money doesn't make talent. it also doesn't teach what needs to be learned...only experience and words of wisdom from others can.

I want to say THANK YOU to Pete for this site, and the fact that we can remain objective about a common passion, and safe while doing it.

It's like school. You got to hang with the cool kids or make them scared of you.

I joined almost a year ago and still haven't recieved my welcome package...

The idiots thought I was a newbie because a server crash lost over 4000 posts of mine.

I joined in 1999 but had to rejoin after a server crash.

Personally i would never pay to be a member at NAXJA because of the pure fact that nearly every thread has at least 2 jackass remarks in each thread. I just don't why people go to the effort to even make rude remarks, do they not have anything better to do than flame "noobs" or "nonpaying" members.

I want to say THANK YOU to Pete for this site, and the fact that we can remain objective about a common passion, and safe while doing it.

X2 Thanks Pete

Personally i would never pay to be a member at NAXJA because of the pure fact that nearly every thread has at least 2 jackass remarks in each thread. I just don't why people go to the effort to even make rude remarks, do they not have anything better to do than flame "noobs" or "nonpaying" members.

X2 Thanks Pete

Come play on Pirate sometime, just remember if you venture into the darkside put your flame suit on... :brows:

Naxja as well as Pirate are read-only sites for me. Sorta. Naxja's OEM Tech area gets the odd post from me.

I stick on here and IFSJA.org. waaayyy better sites, great admins, great users too.

Pirate has the best tech around. I play there and get tech. I post here and feel it's a great site with great members. The tech level just doesn't reach the same level as pirate but who cares... You are real people over here and are great to be around.

Naxja is ok if you've been there a long time, but even then there are idiots who get in pissing matches about things they are totally wrong.

I have fun on Pirate and it is my main site to get tech from. The tech level is way higher, but you need a thick shin. The tech level I'm looking for is hard to find.

Sometimes I might post sort of harsh, it's the darkside slipping out. If I offend anyone I'm not trying to I just slips out at times. Just tell me straight up that I was out of line and I will edit it.

Had problems getting on myself,had no prob in the past.Now the only way I can get on is to use ninjaproxy.com,type in naxja.org,wait a few secs,then hit the go to site tab when it pops up.I only use them for the CO.chapter classifieds when lookin for pieces parts.

i can understand hwere you are comin from but the local az thread has been very cool. Everyone n there helps each other out and we all psot whatever we need to with no debates about right or wrong rarely.

there isw another az site that is really well known and all they do is flame you for what you do wrong and never give a biased opinion or actaully help you. that would be arizona virtual jeep club.

TJ oweners always have their heads up their butts. to think i actually owned one.... at least i owned an xj first! sold the tj to keep the mj!

scorpio_vette (from wi4x4.com) rolled his xj and I helped fix it. he posted it in modified tech on naxja because the rollcage saved his life. that's mod. tech far as I see it...cause it wasn't a factory option. he posted it not as a "off-topic" but to be informative and promote the use of rollbars. they deleted it on the basis that A he's nonpaying member and B it's advanced tech (not that they actually said the former of the two accusations)

I disagree with them. money doesn't make talent. it also doesn't teach what needs to be learned...only experience and words of wisdom from others can.

Agree with what you say about Pete and his above and beyond labors to keep this site right. Eagle too. :bowdown: Do not agree with what you say about NAXJA. I frequent there almost as much here, and have never been flamed, ever. They are on the whole a good technical bunch, and have found most all freely exchange good info, if it's presented with mutual respect. And no, I am not a paying member. HMMMMMMMM, maybe they just don't like cheeseheads? :cheers:

i can understand hwere you are comin from but the local az thread has been very cool. Everyone n there helps each other out and we all psot whatever we need to with no debates about right or wrong rarely.

there isw another az site that is really well known and all they do is flame you for what you do wrong and never give a biased opinion or actaully help you. that would be arizona virtual jeep club.

TJ oweners always have their heads up their butts. to think i actually owned one.... at least i owned an xj first! sold the tj to keep the mj!

MMmmmff mmmm MMmm mmmmfffffffff "POP" Sorry, I had to pull my head out first. I just lurk most of the other forums. Have only posted about 10 times total on all the forums that I'm am registered to. And yes, I had the TJ long before I found this little corner of the world. Heck if it comes down to it I realy don't even own a MJ. It's my sons. :D

You know what they say, parents living through there children.

:cheers:

I am a charter member of NAXJA, former president of the North Atlantic Chapter (which was the first of NAXJA's regional chapters), and I served a term on the national board of directors. I've been with NAXJA since before it was NAXJA.

I don't even look at it any more. Don't know how long it has been since I have even logged onto their site. As someone expressed it, the signal-to-noise ratio seemed to have declined to negative numbers as the membership increased. It went from being a haven for Jeep Cherokee and Comanche lovers to a hang-out for Ford and Chevy guys who accidently found themselves in a Jeep and couldn't wait to tell the Jeep guys how much they knew, and how crappy Jeeps are.

On top of that, NAXJA had posting guidelines that had served us well for several years. Then a vocal crew of rednecks got onto the board and decided that the rules didn't apply to them. I was a moderator while I was a director -- for awhile. Then I had the temerity to moderate a post by one of the "chosen." The next day I logged on in the morning and all was normal. I logged on in the afternoon, and I was no longer a moderator. No notice, no discussion on the Board of Directors forum area, just ... shut out. The president deleted my moderator status unilaterally because I had moderated his pal. Didn't matter that the post was a blatant violation that wouldn't have been tolerated from any of the "ordinary" members.

And things went downhill from there, so I lost interest after Pete set up this forum. This is a much nicer place to play. NAXJA should have a new board of directors in place since I was last there, so perhaps they have cleaned up their act. I don't know. I'm a life member but I don't use it. This place is better. Thankfully, there are a lot fewer MJs than XJs, so we probably don't have to worry about getting as big as NAXJA, and that may be a salvation.

used to belong to both pirate & naxja ---- let the naxja lapse last year -- so not worth it ----

long live Pirate & comanche club!!!!!!

X2 I just renewed my membership with Pirate and will gladly do the same here.

Naxja will no longer get a dime from me.

Long live the Comanche Club and Pirate!!!!

BTW if you use Pirate let me know your user names. I can get pretty brutal over there at times. :eek:

If I know who you are I'll play nice and cover your back in an attack. :brows:

I personally still hang out on NAXJA the same if not more than CC just because it's where I started and there is a huge archive of tech info. I've been a member for about a year and half now and have been using it since 04 when I was 15. The people on here for the most part have a much more laid back temperament, but as with any forum, there are always going to be some that just don't want to comply with how most people think. I, like Eagle, have watched NAXJA go downhill to a certain extent, but I still like it for the most part. JeepCo, I can definitely see where you're coming from though, I watched those threads and even the bold print at the top that said "mods please don't delete this", I can understand your frustration.

used to belong to both pirate & naxja ---- let the naxja lapse last year -- so not worth it ----

long live Pirate & comanche club!!!!!!

X2 I just renewed my membership with Pirate and will gladly do the same here.

Naxja will no longer get a dime from me.

Long live the Comanche Club and Pirate!!!!

BTW if you use Pirate let me know your user names. I can get pretty brutal over there at times. :eek:

If I know who you are I'll play nice and cover your back in an attack. :brows:

thanks TNT --- user name is the same over at pirate ---- I figure if I get flamed --- I get to flame back

:brows:

I agree TNT.

The tech on Naxja is like that of a leather boot. Nothing but the same ol'e same ol'e with nary a look towards suggestions.

A 'user' suggested taking all of the tidbits that everyone pops up and asks info for and compile it into a thread of stickies.

I do believe a mod told him to stuffit and if he doesnt wanna pay for a membership, he take his suggestions to another board.

Pirate, even though I'm not a member, its still interesting, thats for sure. I'm going to join sooner or later, but at this point in time, I just read it and see no real area for my input, hence I'm not wasting money joining. Red star be damned, I can still lurk around for tech I may need.

On Pirate I go by TJP... I'm pretty sure you have seen how out of hand I get at times... I wrote the sticky Cherokee Forum Mission Statement. I have also flamed about 30 posts this month... It's kinda fun. :brows:

If I don't flame people they don't follow that forums goal. It's the JU type of questions that get the worst.

I can be a real @$$ at times, but can also answer 90% of the posts if I want to. I go there for the advanced tech. It's the only place I can find it.

On Pirate I go by TJP... I'm pretty sure you have seen how out of hand I get at times... I wrote the sticky Cherokee Forum Mission Statement. I have also flamed about 30 posts this month... It's kinda fun. :brows:

If I don't flame people they don't follow that forums goal. It's the JU type of questions that get the worst.

I can be a real @$$ at times, but can also answer 90% of the posts if I want to. I go there for the advanced tech. It's the only place I can find it.

umn.gif :clapping: :nanner:

you got red star? :teehee:

02-08-2008 until 03-10-2008

Lance

Administrator

Member: 1

Why do I have to wait 300 seconds between searches?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because you don't have a red star!

To help reduce abuse and reduce server loads, we have implemented a 300 second (5 minute) delay between searches for non red star members. Yeah, it might be annoying, but you can still search, you just gotta be patient.

Tired of waiting? Want to have only a 10 SECOND delay? Buy a red star, and get all kinds of other member benefits as well.

More info here - http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/payments.php

Quote:

Originally Posted by southernfriedcj8

Renee is gonna be Lance & Camo's Yoko.

Lance

View Public Profile

Visit Lance's homepage!

Find More Posts by Lance

You go on to start a thread, that was completely intended to TROLL.. the premise of restarting Scorpio's thread was nothing more than a smoke screen and wonder why you get treated like a troll?

Scorpio is a big boy and a former Naxja member, if he really wanted that thread alive he would have put it back in the appropiate place. You have had an axe to grind with the Naxja organization for whatever reason. This isn't your first anti-Naxja post, thread or pm here.

I do appreciate what Pete created here. Alot of the guys here a good people and pretty knowledgeable at the 'art' of the Comanche. Adding a community reputation heavy weight like Eagle was a stroke of genius or luck or maybe a touch of both. But entirely too many of the posters here come off with the 'holier than thou' type of e-attitudes, and demonstrate a complete lack of class. To go on a different forum and create a thread about how you hate another part of our community, because your buddies thread got deleted for whatever reason demonstrates exactly that.

Pete or Eagle or whoever else moderates here should lock this thread out of respect for other forums. Letting threads with no other purpose than the drag other forums through the mud adds nothing. It only makes the hosting forum look worse. Much worse.

Personally, I think Pirate is pretty much a wasteland. Just about useful as JU, just on the other end of the spectrum.

scorp. sends emails when this stuff happens, they don't respond. i've had a few things deleted solely because i'm not a red member (they wouldn't admit that, but it is the case), and I disagree with that treatment. just because I don't have money to spend on a club doesn't mean that i'm any less intelligent or good for the jeeping community than a paying member is.

and no, i won't take $40 or whatever out of my jeeping money to pay to be a member. i don't think I should have to...I'll GLADLY give Pete money to operate the site, when i have it, because there doesn't seem to be that elitest attitude here like on others (sometimes perhaps I come off with that attitude, BUT i do spend almost every waking moment working on the things...and i will put my foot in my mouth when i'm wrong.

*shrug* call me out as one of these goons if you'd like...BUT i think you and I both know that they are out of line over on naxja, 7 times out of 10.

*shrug* call me out as one of these goons if you'd like...BUT i think you and I both know that they are out of line over on naxja, 7 times out of 10.

"87% of statistics are skewed to prove a point" :razz:

lol... wonder how long you've been waiting to use that one??