New Member Project...suggestions?

I didnt get done as much as I wanted to today. I tinkered around with a few things while my buddy was working on a van. Got the shocks installed and the Rubicon Express track bar bracket. Mounted the 35's on the back. Its starting to come together still need a lot of work though.

004ta2.jpg

Rubicon Express Shocks

006en5.jpg

Track Bar Bracket

007hb3.jpg

Plenty of room in the back.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

what next? give me some opinons?

1. Currie High Steer set up - close to 800 dollars

2. TnT curved long arm set up, bellypan, unibody stiffner, etc. - 899.95

3. Start a Dana 44 project with gears and front locker - price?

4. Bob the bed and repaint, fix all dents - price ?

5. Rhino Line the bed, cab, and rocker panels - price?

6. Sway-bar w/ quick disconnects - $140

7. New Transmission(either Ax-15 or an Auto Swap) - Ax-15 is free but i would have to change the input shafts on the np231 or i could buy a np231 with correct input shaft and SYE

Opinions? what would you guys do?

first things first Nice Truck :cheers:

2nd that dog wanted a ride if it is your dog then i'd figured he wanted back in if not yours then you just made that dog jealous :brows:

If the AX-15 is the option you know that there are two types internal and external. IMHO the external setup is the way to go. Based on your desires and not the dog's he just wants to ride. I would go and obtain the complete set tranny and t-case which ever route you auto or manual. so that the input shaft is no longer a question. The other manual tranny option is the NV3550 and second source info states that these are very good. I'll have to leave that to those that already have installed them. I believe that Pete may have one in his MJ :dunno: If just the input shaft is all that you need then some one may have one avail or the price for a new one is around buck and half or higher i believe that the 4wd site may have it for that price you be lucky at the JY and get the whole shooting match for around two bucks. sorry bout the :rant: just my dime's worth

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Newest Install. Rock Lights that help with wheeling when after dark! plus they look sweet driving down the road

dsc00375ai9.jpg :D

Getting close to having a whole bunch of updates on the Comanche, which should include:

AW4

Dana 44( w/ front locker )

Currie Hi-Steer Upgrade

Treks Custom Long arm

Hope to have at least 2 or more of these before wheeling season is over. Opinions?

I have some good news and some bad news. Bad news, The Comanche got rear-ended by a mini van yesterday.

Good news, I love my back bumper that prevented any type of damage to the body or the undercarriage of the Jeep in the rear. It merely mangled my license plate, but you should have seen the mini-van. It had lines running up the hood of it from where the steel slid all the way up.

Well it was this thug-nasty looking punk of a kid driving the mini-van and I was guessing he didn't have insurance by the way he was desperately trying to say that everything was alright on his mini-van. So I let him go, considering the damage to his mini-van was probably punishment enough.

Just letting off steam.

• 3 weeks later...