2.1l diesel group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1356439448489429/?ref=share

I just made this group on Facebook. Not sure If I'm allowed to share on here but I haven't seen any info about them in one place. If you have one or have good info about one feel free to join and share. 

@Pete M maybe we could make a special section like the street comanches have for the diesels on here as well. 

Have you come across any other members who own an original diesel MJ? The first MJ I was going to buy was a diesel one from a used car lot. Can’t remember why it didn’t work out but iirc I was looking for a short bed truck. Did they ever come with a short bed and the diesel option? 

6 minutes ago, acfortier said:

I know @Automan2164 had one, but hasn't been online in quite some time.

Rob still has his and it’s still clattering. He’s a wealth of knowledge on them too. Kinda wish he’d come back around here. :(

JeepcoMJ has connections with them too. Pat’s dad had one. Not sure if it’s still in the family or not. 

• 11 months later...

So mine is a Cherokee (not  a Comanche) but I have a 1986 XJ with a 2.1 td (Renault J8S814). I'll probably be hanging around for a bit of advice. I had a Renault with this engine in it back in the early 80's. Also a whole bunch of Benz W115 and W123 diesels (10 if I'm counting correctly over about 25 years). But when I saw I could have 4WD, 5 speed manual turbodiesel I was hooked. The unibody is solid, but I need to flip or replace the starter ring gear. I also have an early diaphragm pump and if anyone knows about the swap to the rotary style.... 

Well you get the idea. There will be some questions.

48138 (USA)

And yes, I saw DEVO at the Punch and Judy Theater when they first hit the airwaves.

On 2/27/2023 at 9:18 AM, neohic said:

Nope. The diesel option was only ‘86 for the Comanche. Short beds came along in ‘87. 

I swear I've read that the 2.1 survived as an option into part of 87  :thinking:  maybe just export?

On 2/24/2024 at 10:12 PM, devotee said:

So mine is a Cherokee (not  a Comanche) but I have a 1986 XJ with a 2.1 td (Renault J8S814). I'll probably be hanging around for a bit of advice. I had a Renault with this engine in it back in the early 80's. Also a whole bunch of Benz W115 and W123 diesels (10 if I'm counting correctly over about 25 years). But when I saw I could have 4WD, 5 speed manual turbodiesel I was hooked. The unibody is solid, but I need to flip or replace the starter ring gear. I also have an early diaphragm pump and if anyone knows about the swap to the rotary style.... 

Well you get the idea. There will be some questions.

48138 (USA)

And yes, I saw DEVO at the Punch and Judy Theater when they first hit the airwaves.

I see you found your way over here!! LOL. 

22 hours ago, ThreeComanches said:

That someone would be me :L:

That reminds me of Dean Wormer in "Animal House" who said notably.... "someone has put their foot down, and that foot is me."