okay, who beat me to this?

charmcityrambler

saw cut the entire bed and support pillars, 90% of the interior, back glass, both doors, full front clip.  Is this normal for comanches?

Too bad the engine didn't match mine since that's about all that was left!

I'm surprised this hasn't been moved to the crusher yet...

EDIT: Yeah I don't computer real good.  Meant for this to be in the pub but I guess it fits here too since yall are the most likely ones to have had at it :)

IMG_0355.jpeg

16 hours ago, charmcityrambler said:

Is this normal for comanches?

IMG_0355.jpeg

No, but it should be. Any time one goes to scrap, every single part that could be put to use should be saved beforehand.

Use all of the buffalo.

On 10/5/2022 at 4:59 PM, Minuit said:

No, but it should be. Any time one goes to scrap, every single part that could be put to use should be saved beforehand.

Use all of the buffalo.

Oh absolutely - I love the pick-your-part yards and keep an eye out for my daily driver all the time to see what I can snag.  I honestly didn't think I'd find a comanche at all nearby but here we are.

1 hour ago, charmcityrambler said:

@eaglescout526 @schardein @Strokermjcomanche 

I don't know about these axle things, but if it's something that's worth saving I could see about going back out there.  It's a hike for me, but could be worth it?

When I first looked at it, it looked like a D44 to me.  But now I don't think it is.  If it was a 44, it would be worth the drive.  The rest of those parts are probably only worth the drive if you happen to personally need them.

2 hours ago, charmcityrambler said:

It's at the LQK pick and part in Mt Airy MD.  If you go make sure you take better pics for everyone (I would have if I had known better)

That was there back in July.  I got to it an someone had picked it pretty clean.  Obviously, others came after me.

9 hours ago, 87MJTIM said:

I got to it an someone had picked it pretty clean. 

hehe that's pretty much what it would have looked like after I left.  Except the steps of course, I 100% would have nabbed those if I thought they fit on my 86.  Probably would have been sitting in the cab, on my phone, for like 45 minutes trying to figure it out :p

6 minutes ago, DirtyComanche said:

Pretty certain that was a slider window and they broke it out, or maybe cut/broke it and took whatever panes they needed.

Yes, I went there to get what I could.  The rear window was broken then.  Either the previous person was a jerk, or they broke the window trying to remove it.  The gasket was still there at that time (early August).