Wiper fluid spraying issue

1 hour ago, Whitaker717 said:

Man I hope that’s what that blue stuff is. :laugh:

Lol I gotta ask

45 minutes ago, Whitaker717 said:

Speaking of testing for power ,believe it or not I have never used a multimeter. What setting does it need to be on to check for power? 

Voltage DC, or just get a cheap test light. 

A leak is usually obvious in that it'll eventually hit the ground if you run the pump long enough, and a good pump will be pushing a decent volume of fluid through. You should be able to hear the pump running when you hit the squirter if it's working, whether there's fluid present or not. It's also very possible for the lines to clog, especially if it's been sitting a while or the washer system doesn't get used.

I've seen some systems that use a check valve inline somewhere, so the system reacts faster when the button is pushed.  I've also seen that check valve become stuck or plugged.  

Also, when I bought my Cherokee, the tips of the sprayer nozzles (that the washer hose pushes onto) were broken off the nozzles.  So the hoses would just squirt water inside the cowl cavity.  I had to get new spray nozzles.

IMG_2099.jpeg

IMG_2097.jpeg

• 2 years later...

I'm having the same problem. Wipers work fine but I can't hear the pump so no fluid spraying on my windshield. I assume the fluid pump is under the cowel that looks like air vents at the base of the windshield. Does the pump work on a separate fuse from the wiper motor?

2 screws and lift the unit out for testing. 

You guys need to add vinegar to the bottle once in a while. Keeps the build-up of scale at a minimum. 

Also, once you get them working, be sure to activate them as your passenger is entering or exiting the vehicle for testing purposes.