Minitrucks

Sir Sam

I’ve been eyeing these for awhile, so after a disappointing trip checking out kubotas, I decide to buy a mini truck. Then I bought two. 

I bought a 1993 Subaru Sambar 4wd with 34,000 km and a 1995 Honda Acty with 35,000 km. 

Besides some basic maintenance like timing belts first thing planned is lift and bigger tires. One of them will get a plow. 

I’ll be doing a video series on importing and fixing up these trucks. 

A8F11B25-9F1D-478C-A500-61D3D114A0EB.jpeg

7812BF10-0F22-4ADB-B581-37158A18B86A.jpeg

13 hours ago, 500 MJ said:

What country are they coming from? 

Japan. You can find LHD ones from China. Also it’s from China. 

These are quality little work vehicles that just run and work. Sort of like a 4L xj/MJ. 

Quite a few of them running around this side of the border, a lot of them came over in the mid to late 2000’s. Cool little trucks, very popular among hobby farmers and “homesteaders” (for lack of a better word). Basically anywhere you’d want something akin to a comfortable ATV that you can take down the highway, or a little truck you can park anywhere. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice! Did you buy through the import guys? I wanted to get one of these for my dads property- but NY has a stick up their bum about the Kei trucks (and apparently cars).  AC, diff locks, low range- perfect for his 45 acres! Ended up with another atv instead, not as good. 

Been looking to import a car for a while now.  I may have to pull the trigger!