muffler/exhaust

I am very happy with the Thrush I have on mine. The rest of the exhaust is Walker OE replacement.

IMG_20190611_175738881.jpg.538f8c5d6659e4c5a260f2cd35465afc.jpg

If I remember right Auto zone was the cheapest in the muffler. The rest was ordered from Amazon.

IMG_20190611_175712888.jpg.dbea3c3226d3516d224f1df68be6052a.jpg

I used the newer head pipe beacuse I am using an HO exhaust manifold. Flex pipe is where the convertor was factory.

I like the throaty sounds it has.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got mine from NAPA, Stock Muffler & Tailpipe, for less than $80.

The last I had was Walker and that was about 13 years ago.

I have a Glasspack, somewhere in the Garage, but can't remember where.

Besides, don't care much about the sounds.

I just checked, if you need the Whole Exhaust, Front Pipe, Cat., Muffler & Tail Pipe, should be about $300. at NAPA.

I like the sound of glass packs on a 4.0 but have never installed them on my Jeeps. I’ve had a pair of magnaflows and a Gibson MWA. The Gibson sounded the best. The magnaflow is pretty subdued but still sounds good. I run a JBA TJ headpipe that wraps around the front of the oil pan. All mandrel bent tubing 2 1/4 all the way through

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very partial to Magnaflow!!! The 2.5L 4 banger in my Ford Ranger is the worst sounding 4 cylinder I've ever heard, I've put a magnaflow on it and I just love it!!! Not loud, just a bit more noticeable than stock, and a deep smooth tone! That's saying a lot since that engine sounds rough and raspy with pretty much all the other mufflers I've seen!

21 hours ago, Equanimity said:

I'm looking for something for my 2.5, would a flowmaster 70 be good? i don't like the loud droning sound just a low rumble at idle a little louder than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be my pick! Pretty sure it's the same muffler I put on my Ranger; not the glasspack cylindrical one, but rather the oval, offset inlet/outlet style. I'll be putting one on my 4-banger Comanche soon, although it has a pretty unique sound as is... It has no cat or resonator and an unknown stock-looking muffler and really sounds like a Go-Devil engine from a flat-fender Jeep!!! But, I can't resist a magnaflow :P!!!!!