Is it just me.......

Ωhm

Getting rid of my home phone (not always an option for some people) 10 years ago was the biggest relief.  But I would still get a few calls now and again on my cell.  Though I haven't had any telemarketers call me in many months at least.

I honestly think the worst thing these days for me is the emails from companies.  I always make sure to uncheck "add me to mailing list" but I still get a stupid amount of junk emails.  Especially with coronavirus, I've gotten an email about it from every company I think that's ever had my address.  

6 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

I honestly think the worst thing these days for me is the emails from companies.  I always make sure to uncheck "add me to mailing list" but I still get a stupid amount of junk emails.  Especially with coronavirus, I've gotten an email about it from every company I think that's ever had my address.  

I forgot how bad people are with emails.  After the first realtor asked for my email during house searches earlier this year, I was reminded.  I now give out the address of an email that I lost the password to and never use any more.  It's a version of my name so it's a legit address.  But for all intents and purposes it's a dead end for email.

16 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

I honestly think the worst thing these days for me is the emails from companies.

8 minutes ago, derf said:

I forgot how bad people are with emails.

Most emails at the bottom using the most smallest of print offer unsubscribe link.

2 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

Most emails at the bottom using the most smallest of print offer unsubscribe link.

With some of those, clicking the unsubscribe link only confirms you email address and you just end up getting more spam.

I'm still getting daily calls from that company that wants me to "extend" the factory warranty on my vehicle. My newest is a 2000 Cherokee that was purchased in (IIRC) April of 2020, so it's 20 years old and has been out of warranty for 15 years. Wednesday they called FOUR times in one day.

39 minutes ago, Eagle said:

I'm still getting daily calls from that company that wants me to "extend" the factory warranty on my vehicle. My newest is a 2000 Cherokee that was purchased in (IIRC) April of 2020, so it's 20 years old and has been out of warranty for 15 years. Wednesday they called FOUR times in one day.

when i get these i act interested, and ask so your gonna warranty my 1964 dodge huh, man thats really great of you guys, they will usually hang up

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

I got one of these today! Except apparently my extended warranty is about to expire. My newest is a 2007 Infiniti G35 lol 

Come to think of it, I haven't gotten as many calls these past couple of weeks. Still get them, just not as much.

I don't answer my phone unless I know the number, am expecting a call from someone I don't know (rare), or the person leaves a voicemail, in which case it's usually someone I know calling from a different number anyway. The spam callers ruined it for everyone.