Jeep comanche trailer wiring harnesses

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, 88mjsally said:

Sorry guys, I haven’t been making these recently because I haven’t found a reliable source for the junkyard connectors recently. If anyone has a yard with lots of newer v6 Cadillac’s nearby and can get me more connectors please let me know. I’ve pretty much depleted the yards around here

Thanks. I'm guessing the connectors aren't available new anywhere? I can go look for V6 caddies in my area and probably fab this up myself if I can find one. Got model / year recommendations?

13 minutes ago, Pete M said:

got a photo of where this is found in a caddy?  applicable years?

2005-07 ish and it’s on the cadi CTS and DTS. May be on some others as well with the 3.6 6 cylinder. It’s at the front of the motor on the passengers side. I don’t have a pic but I can probably find one. They still make them new but at that point people will likely start making them themselves so that’s why I haven’t ordered any since it’ll increase the prices

1 hour ago, 88mjsally said:

2005-07 ish and it’s on the cadi CTS and DTS. May be on some others as well with the 3.6 6 cylinder. It’s at the front of the motor on the passengers side. I don’t have a pic but I can probably find one. They still make them new but at that point people will likely start making them themselves so that’s why I haven’t ordered any since it’ll increase the prices

Thanks. I just went ahead and paid the exorbitant prices to get a new pair from Amazon. Pricy but I've got winter on the way and need to use the trailer for a few things before the snow hits.

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

cool beans.  with any luck I'm heading to a junkyard soon that claims to have over 2000 cars so we'll see what I can come up with. :D  

I was looking under the hoods of some GM cars recently, something I don't generally do, and saw this connector again.  It wasn't a Cadillac, but did have the 3.6L V6.  I was focused on finding what I was looking for, so didn't note the year/model. Point is, if you have time to look, I'm sure there are other applications for this connector.  Keep in mind 1986 uses a different connector.  Good luck and hope you have good weather!  It's been high 30s and raining here recently- not junkyard weather haha.

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

yup, but we'll see if it ever happens.  The Liberty is being a bit of a punk right now.  :fistshake2: 

That’s a pretty awesome yard, you could easily spend all day walking around it because it’s split into two yards. My vehicles are always like that lol

failed miserably.  spent all my efforts on the MJ and ran out of time to travel over to the other half of the junkyard across the street where all the cars/minivans are. :(  but I'll keep it in mind for the next yard :L:  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Check me if I'm wrong but would this work for you to build an adapter with 100% new parts?

https://ceautoelectricsupply.com/product/7-position-metri-pack-480-150-series-connector-kit/

You'd want to make sure you have the right crimping tool for the metripack connectors (I can dig up the ones I have).  But I think this would let you make as many as you want.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 88mjsally said:

I’m not selling the connectors only at this time. I’m still working on the new batch of these and they should be ready soon

I meant the actual full harness not just the connector. Sorry I'm not sure why I called it a connector. But I will take a complete unit. Thank you. 

• 88mjsally changed the title to Jeep comanche trailer wiring harnesses

The next batch of harness is almost ready to ship. Due to material price and shipping going up I had to also raise the price of the harnesses as well. I didn’t want to do that but I also needed to make sure that I covered my costs. Prices have been updated on the first page. I also plan to start offering harnesses made with all new parts. These should be ready in the next couple weeks or as soon as the supplies arrive. These will be slightly more expensive but not by much (likely $5-$10 more). I will be messaging everyone back with the number they are in my line tonight and will be shipping this week for those who still want one. Thank you again for the support and I apologize about it taking me so long to get a new batch ready. Hopefully offering new harnesses will take care of that issue when I can’t find enough used connectors

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...