Jeep comanche trailer wiring harnesses

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, WahooSteeler said:

Call me stupid, I assume this is an adapter of some kind? 

These harnesses plug into the factory rear taillight wiring connector and allow you to plug in trailer wiring without hacking up the factory harness

13 hours ago, 88mjsally said:

These harnesses plug into the factory rear taillight wiring connector and allow you to plug in trailer wiring without hacking up the factory harness

So the 2 plugs offer different type connections? Will they activate trailer brakes?

3 hours ago, WahooSteeler said:

So the 2 plugs offer different type connections? Will they activate trailer brakes?

The two plugs (male and female) plug in between the factory Jeep mj taillight wiring harness. Then I solder in a flat 4 trailer wiring plug so you can plug in trailer lights. If you’d like me to make a custom one for you that uses the newer 9 pin connector for trailer brakes then I can. You’d just have to run a couple of the wires to your brake controller

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry guys, I haven’t been making these recently because I haven’t found a reliable source for the junkyard connectors recently. If anyone has a yard with lots of newer v6 Cadillac’s nearby and can get me more connectors please let me know. I’ve pretty much depleted the yards around here

• 88mjsally changed the title to Jeep comanche trailer wiring harnesses
  • eaglescout526 locked this topic