It sure has been a good year...

Knucklehead97

Since I consider you all friends, I like to keep you up to date on big things happening. As most of you know, I got promoted to being an assistant grocery manager with Publix about 9 months ago. Well, that turned into me being voted the best assistant in my district and my district manager has become obsessed with me. Choosing me to speak at a 500 person conference on being young and successful with Publix and also chose me and another assistant to do a short interview with Southern Living magazine. Fast forward to 3 months ago I got transferred to another store to run the department as an assistant due to a lack of good managers. When I got to the store I managed to clean up the entirety of the grocery department and impressed the district manager greatly. Now, I'm on vacation and tested for Grocery manager a month ago. I got a text from my district manager saying that I may not come back to work as an assistant and will most likely start at a new store when I get back. I'm very excited about it especially since it will make me the youngest department manager in at least my district, possibly the whole region (I turn 22 in January next year).

Next awesome thing to happen is that I proposed last night to my girlfriend. If only I could type our full story but the gist of it is her and I have been inseparable friends for about 6 years and finally started dating after about 2 years of fighting with each other on the subject, we officially got together 14 months ago and have been going strong since. 

I don't know about you guys, but this has been a good year. And there's still plenty of time left!!!

received_167938397457333.jpeg

Congrats on the promotions and engagement Knuck! Sounds like you have a great head on your shoulder and your priorities right. It's impressive to see someone in your generation that not only knows what they want to do, but are willing to go the extra mile to make a name for yourself. Cheers to a long a fruitful marriage and career! :beerchug:

13 hours ago, Longview said:

Congrats! Wish my work life was going that good, but also same age and got engaged this year, exciting time!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Congrats to you too!!! The engagement part is definitely more important than the work part... The work part is definitely a plus, though.

Congrats to you too!!! The engagement part is definitely more important than the work part... The work part is definitely a plus, though.

Same here , wish you guys the best

Glad my fiancee's has similar taste as me, no silly nonsense both care about a home more than a fancy wedding.

1 hour ago, Longview said:

Glad my fiancee's has similar taste as me, no silly nonsense both care about a home more than a fancy wedding.

We're more worried about a home as well. But we still are doing a nice wedding. It's going to be inexpensive though. The venue is free, catering will be done by the older ladies at our church (taco bar!!!), Chairs are free from the church, her dress will be 200$, my suit about the same. Her mother is making the fancy invitations... All in all our limit is 5k for the wedding and honeymoon. I have a friend whose dress alone cost 7500... The venue was 10k for a 75 person shindig...

We're more worried about a home as well. But we still are doing a nice wedding. It's going to be inexpensive though. The venue is free, catering will be done by the older ladies at our church (taco bar!!!), Chairs are free from the church, her dress will be 200$, my suit about the same. Her mother is making the fancy invitations... All in all our limit is 5k for the wedding and honeymoon. I have a friend whose dress alone cost 7500... The venue was 10k for a 75 person shindig...
Were on similar pages, same thing with my friends, have been to weddings that costed more than a down payment on a house!