'06 Liberty CRD (4.10 axles, skids and new coils installed!)

took the KJ out for the longest drive in a while.  maybe 20 miles.  I had forgotten how wishy-washy the steering is compared to the Durango.  :laugh:  had a fin conversation at the gas station with a guy driving a diesel Ford. 

definitely still in limp mode, but definitely drive-able.  except for the A/C, which felt like it was working when I first fired it up, but was doing nothing later on when I needed it.  :furious2:  further testing will be done once it's cooled off.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

skimming back through my posts, it appears the A/C hasn't worked since last fall.  :doh:  although if the engine is cold, it blows cold, so hopefully it just needs a top-off. 

15 minutes ago, Pete M said:

skimming back through my posts, it appears the A/C hasn't worked since last fall.  :doh:  although if the engine is cold, it blows cold, so hopefully it just needs a top-off. 

Sounds like a airflow across condenser issue

I manually kicked the fan into hi and nothing got better.  :dunno:  new fan clutch too.  I vaguely remember this from years ago when I finally conceded defeat and had a shop refill it.  (unlike normal rigs, I can't just top it off with A/C in a can because the port is in the wrong spot or some such thing)

found a long enough break in the rain to mount the new fire extinguisher.  a bit smaller than the last and tucked up higher so it no longer interferes with the passenger's leg. 

IMG_3106.JPG

Just now, derf said:

That's an expensive upgrade.  Wouldn't a used camper be a cheaper option?  :P

thankfully this was left over from the sheet I bought for the big trip up the east coast.  :D 

can I get my official mall crawler card now?  :D  found some plastic tail guards at a 'yard and painted them up.  also replaced the cracked tail housings because they were cheap.

20210720_122636.jpg

On 7/18/2021 at 10:01 AM, Pete M said:

found the problem with my A/C and bypassed it.  unfortunately this was after the hell of driving through TN in 95* temps and heavy traffic, but all smiles now. :D 

20210717_163546.jpg

I have two plugs wired this way...:teehee:

10 hours ago, Pete M said:

A/C is officially fixed. :D  and a huge thanks to the engineers for putting a schrader valve on that pressure switch.  I was fearing the worst and a whole refill process. 

Have to say, that is an unusual failure mode for a low pressure switch.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been running my KJ for a few days now, over last weekend to yesterday, just to give it some run time and give the Focus a little rest in the garage.  Been hearing a weird scraping noise coming from "somewhere" underneath.  Pulled it in the garage yesterday after getting home from the shooting range and jacked it up.  Got to the rear driverside wheel and found my problem.  The lower brake spring fell out of the drum while I was taking it off, along with a metric ton of brake dust and pieces of what used to be the rear shoe.:mad:

Funny, because I have to get it inspected by the end of the month.  I took it back to the shop that put new shoes on it recently.....it's obvious they just did a shoe slap and reused all of the old hardware.  Pitched a mild, but civil fit, and they agreed to eat the cost to replace the brakes again, with new hardware this time.  Also getting it aligned (again), and inspected.....dropping it off tonight and letting them keep it a couple days to get everything done.  They are a busy shop, and only have one state inspector employed.

20210809_163903.jpg