Interesting 55K investment

fiatslug87

They spent 55K and couldn't figure out a proper tailgate for it? Why would you care enough about the truck to spend that much but not care about the Jeep stamping being one of the few instantly recognizable things setting it apart from every other truck out there?

They spent 55K and couldn't figure out a proper tailgate for it? Why would you care enough about the truck to spend that much but not care about the Jeep stamping being one of the few instantly recognizable things setting it apart from every other truck out there?

"Shaved" tailgates are all the rage with some groups, although I agree, the Jeep stamping on it is what makes it cool.

Maybe the builder just likes Ranger tail gates.

345_83_-_92_Ford_Ranger_Tailgate_9002.jp

I really, really don't see where the 55k went. "Over 55,000 dollars invested" is one of those phrases that just makes me groan. Maybe if they bought a brand new crate engine from GM and had the work done by a shop I could see it. And If it really is an '85 Corvette engine that would be an L98, not the LT1 that every redneck fawns over. I don't trust any power numbers whatsoever unless there's a dyno sheet to go with them, and I kinda doubt it's a 400hp engine. I think the owner got snookered by the guy he bought it from.

Plus he ruined the unique Jeep tailgate. But his seats have the little trim covers under them, so that's gotta be worth it right?

I can see 55K if your paying someone to do all the work and truly did a restoration and restored to new all parts

that are not available to purchase new but even the starting price is high for a stockish truck...

I do like the idea of the second fuel tank I just question the reason they say its there, probably more

like they used an XJ quarter panel to repair the box side and though hummm this V8 is going to need a lot of fuel

to get you to the next gas station because if it were just for weight bias there are cheaper ways to accomplish that I think...

Hell I probably got 30 in mine maybe more if I were to add all my shop time I always have mine for sale just not on EBay

as I find it the worst place to sell things, but I do love Shopping there...

The last time I looked up "Restored" it meant the it was Rebuilt to Original Specs.

Most of the Body looks Restored, but that's all.

The Listing states it as a "Restomod"

Hey, I bet it is a Good, Unique truck, just not my style. 

With the Race Ready set-up, it is not cheap.

But, the list of things about the truck, there is no mention of the Brakes being upgraded.

I've seen guys get criticized about how they do they "Customized Ride"

I Believe you are entitled to do your ride, the way you want it.

Get Real.....How Many of us have a Truly Restored, Stock Ride?? 

Besides, $55K, probably went by the Mechanics Pricing for the work done. 

Most Mechanic Shops are getting close to $100/hr.

Not trying to do either.

Just the way it was done, was what the guy wanted. That was his taste.

There is NO WAY to Justify the $55K in the truck. We ALL Know This.

It is a good laugh to some, a Disgrace to others.

Like I had said, It is a nice Strip Racer.

It just doesn't deserve to be Relentlessly bashed.

• 2 weeks later...