No need to double check your sight,

I'm always offgrid regardless of those city light's. 😌 

#MaynardHood Adventures:teehee:

20211217_232358.jpg

20211217_220101.jpg

20211217_223515.jpg

19 hours ago, Pete M said:

holy giant toolbox batman!  I love it! :D 

Yeah is 76" long and fits better on the jeep then the old ford work truck. Little paint and new seals and maybe a new handle and it will be good to go for my needs. I have 3 chainsaws that fit quite nicely in it and it will be nice to have quick access to them as I'm often cutting wood. Would you believe I have more wood work in the city then in the woods? :teehee: 

I was liking the idea of using the 2 smaller vanity boxes perhaps on the other side but I'm thinking not with the big box installed. Be it a nice spot to make a bed in the back now, I have the nice window view now for those days parked lake side. So thinking I'm going to keep windows on the passenger side. Not to mention nice to be able to still be able to check my blind spot. :shhh:

Gotta finish up front sections of decking and create storage holes for gear. Then get it sealed up and then test it out. :brows: almost a full moon so its time to go. :comancheB:

Well alright, the moon is full in sight, the fire is just right, tools are packed up tight, tomorrow be going to new heights, working on the roof top i have no freights, although with this wind I wish I had a kite, perhaps now I can get a bite, and then some sleep this night. 

:comancheB:#MaynardHood 

20211219_161357.jpg

20211219_230243.jpg

MAYNARDHOOD .jpg

20211219_230332.jpg

20211220_003131.jpg

20211220_003211.jpg

Thanks. Stayed toasting enough wanna wake up. :teehee: definitely as anticipated. Woke up to rain inside. Definitely be insulating that before long. I was thinking of replacing the sheet aluminum with a waterproof canvas like a sail. As much as I don't the look of the mj with a topper, I think I would like a mj with a soft topper giving it more that Keiser vibe. :D work in progress as always. But definitely liking this lay out far better and glad I was able to take the time to come up with something on the fly. Typically how the art is most created. :beerbang:

Had some breakfast at me favorite place and hit up the riverside per MJs request. Nice shot with my hometown grain grinders. :comancheB:

MaynardHoodAdventures .jpg

Only go so long before its another year gone by and its back to list of things to be done. What thing about good maintenance routine is it saves you from bigger headaches down the road or perhpas from being stuck in the middle of the mud hole. :doh: 

Well finally getting to replacing the ball joints on the front dana 44. And be it a complete tear down I will go ahead and ensure everything is in good working order. Thus far noticed a leaking brake caliper, as well so slop in the axle joint, futher more replacement being best option and peace of mind. So all torn apart and new ball joints installed, hard part finished. :applause: so  pick up replacement parts and spares and repack wheel bearings and be back on the road soon enough. Fresh snow judt came, whos ready to get out and play!?! :brows:

Got to put in some work to have some great adventures sometimes! :comancheB: #MaynardHood

20220101_224801.jpg

20220102_183340.jpg

20220102_184506.jpg

20220102_210956.jpg

20220101_223907.jpg

:comancheB: spanner nut socket came in and now have a new tool for the jeep toolbox. So got balljoints installed, new axle joint, fresh grease all around. Even installed the washer bottle so I can get some deicer on the windshield. Heater only works when I drive 55. :teehee: got the warn quarter turn lock outs installed. Shall see how they work out. I only have had issues the one time with the full turn warn lockouts but they were a pita to lock in sometimes. The quarter turns are easier but read them to be weaker, so time will tell. Tired today so just happy to get it wrapped up and out of the shop. Taken it easy enough tonight and tomorrow morning Ill have to tinker a bit more on it and start prepping for another adventure. :brows: 

20220108_205415.jpg

Well since it was a bit cold last few days, the Jeep battery after 5 years says it's done. So in the shop in goes to await duel battery setup and since I managed to fit it completely in the shop, time to under go the rear leaf replacement as well as a couple new seals to boot. Progress is progress. Looking to make it out for the annual Dog Party this year come next month. Be great to be able to get out and winter  wheel with some others. :comancheB:

IMG_20220116_193123002.jpg

IMG_20220116_193249443.jpg

IMG_20220116_210440959.jpg

IMG_20220116_210526029.jpg

When in doubt, get the mfing :furious3:cut off wheel out!  Press it only so far and now just cutting them off and even more so since I'll be cutting the bushing off the old leaf pack anyways, only to use them in the replacement leaf packs. Also going to try and reduce some weight a bit. Not much but I figure an easy 4lbs per leaf plate is a easy fix. :dunno: So I'll chase after some hardware later once I get the thing torn down completely. :beerbang:Here's to having a dream! RIP MLK! 

IMG_20220117_143849976.jpg

IMG_20220117_140716286.jpg

IMG_20220117_144740039.jpg

IMG_20220117_144858769.jpg

Got one side back together as a 6 leaf setup. Two from the main pack and the one add a leaf 3" and I put stock shackles back on. My camera isn't working anymore 😭. So I'll get other phone pics uploaded in a bit here. Gotta test ride height out but need a new center pin for other pack. Ubolts and top plates I reduced the size to a simple 1/2'' and hopeing to be a trade off in weight with the new leaf pack combo. :dunno:

IMG_20220117_145802629.jpg

IMG_20220119_184202799.jpg

IMG_20220119_184144546.jpg

:applause::comancheB::banana:

First try is the charm. Just gotta wing it and just deal with issues as they reveal themselves. :shhh: feels better by doubling up the leaf back. Still feels soft and flexy almost add a sway bar but not going to happen flexy, you know what I mean..? :dunno:

Now I'll get everything tighten back down and zip tie the brake lines to secure my safety...:rolleyes: side note replace entire brake system ASAP..

So once I get it back out for a test drive, I'll hook up the trailer and see what difference came about in means of carring capitcity squatting ratio. :rolleyes:

And because I want to do brakes sooner then later I'll deal with wheel hub seal next time I park where I can get the axle shaft out. Damn 10' garages. :fistshake2: We all know it's a shed marked up and sold as a single garage to them city folks that gots no room for a real garage. :doh:

IMG_20220119_195621096.jpg

On 12/26/2021 at 8:21 AM, MiNi Beast said:

Thanks. Stayed toasting enough wanna wake up. :teehee: definitely as anticipated. Woke up to rain inside. Definitely be insulating that before long. I was thinking of replacing the sheet aluminum with a waterproof canvas like a sail. As much as I don't the look of the mj with a topper, I think I would like a mj with a soft topper giving it more that Keiser vibe. :D work in progress as always. But definitely liking this lay out far better and glad I was able to take the time to come up with something on the fly. Typically how the art is most created. :beerbang:

Had some breakfast at me favorite place and hit up the riverside per MJs request. Nice shot with my hometown grain grinders. :comancheB:

MaynardHoodAdventures .jpg

even insulating if you are running propane heater inside it will condensate.