Well I'm very happy with the results. Sits level and only sags a couple inches with trailer and by far better handling all around. So thanks again to @Pete M for getting me leaf springs even as we both have had vehicle incidents. :teehee: but its back together and running great. New battery to replace my 7 year old mt-34. Very happy with that battery as well which is why ill keep using it. Also got a reconditioned deep cycle to run the converter in the back, ill be just getting the system wired and figured out for now and plan to get a agm battery for the second battery. :grinyes: peace of mind. Also while taking a walk I found a rolled up foam pad along side of the road. So scored as its a perfect fit in the back and another welcomed addition to the bed set up. Definitely happier with this set up and have come to like the look or functionality of having the topper installed. :beerbang: Great weekend to get out and play.....maybe, figure Id work a bit to kill time until dinner. :popcorn:

20220122_084652.jpg

MAYNARDHOODBATTERYREPLACEMENT.jpg

20220122_085538.jpg

20220122_100953.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well happy with the extra firm ride now and love being able to pick out where every bump in the road is. :teehee: so now that the rear is little firmer and higher, I may need to deal with driveshaft length yet again. :shhh: little vibes at 65. :driving: takes a little focus now to keep it stright though, seems to follow the road a bit. Now I know the steeri g is ready for updates which is why the tapped steering box in sitting on the shelf, about reckon time to get after that. Which means new parts and stuff for the 99 intake swap as well being it holds the newest style power steering pump setup. In the mean time it will do, i use two hands to keep extra control. :comancheB:

I should still look things over and ensure things are good from the leaf spring swap. However I'm tinkering in front of the heater instead. Slept in and had quite a Relaxing day and thought i might repair my food box for the back of the jeep comanche. Now things are coming together with a better layout its time I do this repair that has bugged me since I bought it at the yard sale for $6 over 10 years ago...:shhh: man time flys when having adventures. :rolleyes: great adventures at that and I need my food box lid to stay on. So always what do I have on hand to fix it. Well thankyou junk drawers and all the great products Stanley offer. :grinyes: scored a couple shed lock hinge things. Those shall work great with well, per my typical repairs I use self tapping screws, but I think the riveting would be best and I have more of those then the screws at the moment. Plus i think the screws would work themselves out over time. :dunno: whichever it works and I'm a happy camper! :applause:

20220130_161840.jpg

20220130_161823.jpg

20220130_165141.jpg

20220130_173937.jpg

20220130_173948.jpg

:popcorn: all cleaned up and ready for snacks. I really like the dividers mostly, and this is more a dry food box as well. Looking to get one of them fancy fridge/freezer coolers with having the dual battery setup. So look into that after a while perhaps after steering systems have been taken care of. 

20220130_205417.jpg

20220130_205444.jpg

On 11/11/2021 at 9:44 PM, Pete M said:

instead of "what on earth is that?"  it'll now be "why does that toyota have a Jeep tailgate.   :laugh: 

Just had someone friday say I had a bastard rear end. That it was a cherokee with Toyota truck back half. 

Wtf? :dunno: I even pointed out the jeep on the tailgate still though it was a toy with stickers. :doh:

Well since we were getting 5"+ of snow, being winter and all, didnt feel up to working on much other then the jeep. So I been focusing on that in the shop trying to get the wire ran and battery isolator installed. Well get it got and do did it. Looks good enough to work and it just the right price range, about $22.22. Just a part cost in the initial cost of buying the battery cable crimper and crimp ends. So glad to buy that tool just for this 2nd project alone. Being able to have the tool to perform the project and being able to re-utilize the wiring I already have as its a bit more these days. Also it was rewarding to accomplish such things for myself, and thats the enjoyment in life I desire most. All about the experience you get out of life. Enjoy the day my friends. Thanks for hanging out in my world, MaynardHood. 

I did get inside and bake a cake and eat some chicken all using just me cast iron pan. Offgrid ongrid eh? 

20220204_013153.jpg

20220204_175252.jpg

20220204_175304.jpg

20220201_211912.jpg

20220201_214126.jpg

20220201_214908.jpg

20220201_232440.jpg

MaynardHoodoffgridongridcastironcooking.jpg

:comancheB:Nothing like heading stright to your destination. Be it this side or that side it is always passed the apple orchard. Just a delight a a cool summer night , but not tonight, we're looking for that familiar glowing light, that one that helps to keep you warm. It was cold a camp and when you hit the woods its often colder out. :shaking: stayed warm and got to put in some work as i reckon it was something to do. :dunno: wood fire is great and its even better when you have a insulation in the ceiling to help hold the heat in longer. :grinyes: progress is progress.

Jeep was fun in the snow and playing in the foot of snow we have around here. No major wheeling thus no major breaks. Still need to address steering sooner then later, and a new vibe in driveline and leaning towards rear drive line with the leaf pack rebuilding. May need to shim it up a bit...:shhh: run it and work it out. :driving:

MaynardHood Adventures  stright though .jpg

MaynardHood Adventures  backroads to the backroads.jpg

MaynardHood Adventures  in mighty oaks.jpg

MaynardHood Adventures MJ glowing .jpg

MaynardHood master cabin ceiling installation .jpg

Master cabin ceiling finished MaynardHood .jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So have good extra tps. :teehee: finally got to fixen the trac bar. So my understanding is that its best to have equal length trac bar to draglink so I'm currently at 34.5" which is with replaceing the hiem on my old trac bar as it was 34". For some reason the last time i tried to fix it I ended up with a 32.5" length. :confused: so with that i have been battling steering issue's for a bit now and wandering all over, and some would say taking the smooth out of the road. :grinyes: so after fixing the trac bar and getting yelled at by the neighbors for my midnight repair as I have a planned trip this weekend, i had to wait till morning to fix what I noticed to be my stalling and starting issue. Which was my exhaust was leaking at the gasket on the down pipe to header connection. So today cut the bolts, installed new and what a difference. Good starting and little more pep in my step. :L: now after a quick test drive it seems to go stright as it should, but now I can only get half turn to the right and full 2 turns to the left....so me thinks its time to adjust the drag link but dosent that take me back to the beginning of the issue? Umm :dunno: adjust it and see. Due for new heim steering setup soon for sure. I'm growing tired of the tierod end nuts not breaking free and the shaft just spinning. :fistshake2: pic is of where my steering wheel is on point, tires not so much. :shaking:

MaynardHoodsteeringissues.jpg

• 2 weeks later...