Cup Holder - Another One

Found this - Used it and so far, so good

This is actually a behind the seat cup holder and tray.

I used some blue tape to mark a line and my dremel to trim the edge off the tray. This provides a large flat surface that I slid under my bench seat. This holds everything in place very well. It does limit the travel of the seat but, works well for me and get's my wife close enough for her to drive.

Purchased from WalMart

tqF2MTm.jpg

5Om6C9R.jpg

Ta - Da...

kzklIXZ.jpg

Here are some additional pics. I hope it helps.

This is a top view so you can see how much of the trimmed tray slides under the seat.

2Fbi0EC.jpg

Here is a profile of the tray after I trimmed it down with the dremel so it would slide under the seat.

XJ2msaX.jpg

I shared this just because I took the picture....

NoGFLWK.jpg

Good luck, have fun...

• 1 month later...

I bought and modified one of these this weekend.  Works great, looks great, stays in place yet simple removal.  If you don't like high high it sits (about 1.5" above the seat) you can just pull out the insert (light grey) and mount that with screws/velcro.  Thanks for sharing

• 4 months later...

This looked like an awesome alternative to keep my clean bench seat but after searching Walmart I came up empty handed. I tried finding one online and Walmart only sells them in store and nobody else listed this exact piece sadly. :-/ I'm going to check Target and some local auto parts just in case.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kudos to Ronnie for original post 2013.  I looked today in a local Walmart and did not find them.  I looked online and did find them at Target.  The online price this morning was $12.29. I bought 2 for 87 and 89 MJs.  They were ready for pick up at store in two hours. The local Target had them on hand for $19.99.  Glad I bought online and no shipping charge.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a great solution.  I trimmed the lip off the tray then rounded the corners with the dremel.  Simple, sturdy and completely removable.

Couldn't find it at Walmart, Target, or Ebay but Amazon still has them:  

https://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-3318-20-Automotive-Organizer-Hanging/dp/B00S9LK9MQ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3TUXQPGN4FF3M

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

It looks like the Rubbermaid Plastic Car Cup Holder Organizer Storage Tray 3318-20, has been officially discontinued. I tried to grab another as a spare and It's gone everywhere. I contacted the company, Pilot automotive, that acquired the Rubbermaid auto rights and they told me it's discontinued.

:sad2: :sad: :( :shaking:

rubbermaid.JPG