New (To Me) Waggy

Tempus_Fugit

Good evening,

I am a long time lurker, owned my share of MJ's and XJ's. Here is the newest member of my fleet. Sat for 13 years in a dry garage in KS until I removed it 2 weeks ago. Parked for unknown reasons. 2 weeks later I have it operational and roadworthy. I can't believe it sat on CL for a month at $800, but it did. Completely rust free, 130K. It is the most optioned out XJ I have seen. Check out the factory chrome tow hooks!

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

It is the most optioned out XJ I have seen.

Does it have the sentinel fluid monitoring unit by chance? :brows:

If so, I'd love to pick your brain about it since I have one to install in an MJ.

Can't believe it sat on CL that long either. Great find though, I would have scooped that up in a heartbeat as well for that price. :thumbsup:

Where at in KS was this gem stowed away?

- Wichita

Lets here about these options.

- AW4, PS, PB, PW, PDL, CC, Delay wipes, Delay lights, clock, Jensen sound, map lights, leather, rack, chrome strips in luggage area, clock, vanity and map lights, roof rack, the aforementioned chrome tow hooks,

Does it have the sentinel fluid monitoring unit by chance?

- How do I tell?

Now here's the real question... How's the interior and can I haz pictures of insides?

- Interior is maybe 8/10, no rips or cracks, but fading, I had to put a headliner it, of course. See pix below.

Does it have the rear axle disconnect for flat towing?

- I do not see that

Are you on cherokee forum?

- I checked it out, but this place is much cooler.

More pix from today,my driveway is a mudpit with all the melting snow, I am getting the windshield replaced on Wednesday.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

I pulled the Waggy front clip and doors of an 86 Limited Just like this one, but with the tan interior. It was Cash for clunkers and this poor thing was beautiful. I would have saved more if only I knew at the time what parts were more rare. At least part of it lives on in my MJ. I even still have the chrome Waggy emblems on the inside door panels! Nice find!

The white on woodgrain really works on that ride.  Looks great on the XJ platform.  Nice find.

The FSJ wagoneers had some funky color combos.  The ZJ wagoneers were all absolutely hideous......I've got my eye on a local FSJ waggy that's blue on woodgrain...its a nice ride, but blue on woodgrain is no where near as easy on the eyes as the XJ white combo....http://hiltonhead.craigslist.org/cto/3783116124.html

Awesome. Have to get you in on our future MN meet n greet! Don't ask me when... Ha

How far did you pull it on the trailer with the CRD? How'd it do?

Pulled it back from Wichita, KS on a Uhaul. 600 miles, 17mpg, no problem, trans only downshifted twice the whole trip.