Military Wrapped Springs With Lift, Group Buy

Okay if it is only 4 inches I might pass.

I'm sure if you call Joe he can create a special set of springs for you with more arch to gain what you want...

If that's not an option

Outlaw here has rustys off-road mj leaf springs for 4" of lift that netted him close to 5.5" in the rear...

Hey Guys,

Wanted to reply sooner but been a while since I logged on and couldn't figure out my password but I'm here now.  Going to get 10 of these built up for you guys and price will be $170 per side.  Shipping is based off your state and zip code so the closer you are to me in Kansas City then typically the cheaper it will be with the exception of being those living in extended areas.  Once these are close to done I'll post again and change the price on the site and then you can purchase the springs.  Saw someone wanted to pick them up which is fine just give me a call so I can put the order through as the site will charge shipping as no option for local pick up.  Thanks for setting this up knucklehead and you'll be hearing from me soon.

Hi all,

Not sure if this group buy is still adding people or not but I would love a set of MT springs for $170 per side + shipping. 

Should I just call General Spring and ask to be put on the list,

or is posting in this thread enough to get on the list?

Thanks!

Jim

General Spring contact info from their website;

General Spring of Kansas City, Inc.

100 New Century Parkway, Suite A

New Century, KS 66031

Phone: 913-829-0619

Email: sales@generalspringkc.com

Toll Free: 888-829-0619

Fax: 913-829-2556

I just emailed sales@generalspringkc.com to see about getting on the list and the email bounced;

sales@generalspringkc.com

Remote Server returned '450 4.5.0 No recipient succeeded

in case GeneralSpring is monitoring this thread.

Thanks!

Been getting some more calls and monitoring here so there will be 20 (10 pair) made which should cover everyone and 1 extra pair. Will let you know once they are available. Talk soon.

I'd like a pair of MT leafs as well. I'll send an email too just to make sure it gets to you

• 2 weeks later...

Update from Joe.

He contacted me letting me know that 5 sets had been produced so far. 2 sets went to a couple of guys that prepaid for them (if you could let me know who you were, that would be great so that I can take you off of my list). Then I got my set since I organized it. And I messaged the first two people to reply to this when I finally got the group buy set up. (Masimmons and Dceyer). Now, don't get down! We have more sets coming. Joe said that in 1 or 2 weeks he will have 3 more sets and in about a month he will have the final 2 sets to equal up to a total of 10 sets of springs. When the next 3 sets come in he will be messaging me and I will go down the list as I did this time to insure that the original group buy members get theirs. Also this keeps someone from reading this topic and just randomly purchasing a set. Like I said before if you were 1 of the 2 people that prepaid then PLEASE let me know so that I can take you off of my list. Otherwise thank you for being patient with Joe and I and you will hear from me soon.

Cheers!

Ups delivered my set of springs yesterday afternoon. You guys are NOT going to be disappointed. These suckers are HEAVY and very well built. I also picked up some Ford shackles and ordering Hellcreek u-bolts now so hopefully I'll get them bolted in soon. Big thank you to Joe for helping us out with these!

UPS dropped off something for me today too, .......A spring. LOL, hoping the other one gets here later today or tomorrow so i can mabe put them in this weekend.  Knucklehead were your springs connected together for shipping or did they have separate labels?

UPS dropped off something for me today too, .......A spring. LOL, hoping the other one gets here later today or tomorrow so i can mabe put them in this weekend. Knucklehead were your springs connected together for shipping or did they have separate labels?

they were seperately labeled but came on the same UPS truck

Got my springs today also, well built and heavier than I thought they would be.  Still need to get U-bolts and shocks so not sure when they will go on.  Here's a couple pictures.

Shackles for a 02 f-150 are almost exactly the same as stock MJ ones so I wouls recommend going ahead and installing new shackles while you're under there. The shocks I'm going to probably go with are Monroe load-leveler shocks. They have coils on the shocks to help with heavy loads. They have fitment issues on longbed MJ's though.

Don't decide on any shocks until you see how much lift you get. And if these are anything like the MT springs I got years ago, they will settle about an inch in the first year.

that's exactly why I haven't ordered shocks yet. Just looking at these springs I can tell I'm getting a couple inches of lift easy. The ones currently on my MJ seem to be the lowest rate springs you could get, and they're FLAT.

I was able to get one side installed today, two things

one, the center pin used on these was larger than the hole in my spring perch so I had to enlarge it to 9/16ths. This is on a d35 in a long bed.  The new pin appears to be 1mm larger in diameter where it meets the perch. So have a drill handy when installing.

Two, The spring produced about 1.5in over the stock springs (86 long bed, d35, 4cyl, 4x4) when comparing it to the other side which is still stock, having the different springs on at the same time may be throwing that off a little but I don't think too much.  Hope these don't settle too much.

Looks like I will still be looking into a shackle.

Took some pics but can't post them right now

The next 3 sets were made. 2 people prepaid on them. I know one was Schardein because I asked him to since he was picking up in person. Who was the other one that prepaid? So I can take you off the list. The last one was Siopossition. I will be messaged when the next sets come in and I will continue down the list.

I picked up my springs on Saturday.  They look like quality pieces.

While we were putting these in my truck, I asked about some rubber strips seen on Cherokee rear leaf spring clamps.  I'm looking for a source for that stuff in bulk.

His reply was, he might have what I was looking for, as there were some rubber pieces on the pallets when the springs are shipped in from Mexico.  I didn't say anything, but this caught my attention, because I've seen it said in this thread that these are an American made product.  He said it twice during our conversation, "when the springs arrive from Mexico".

The springs have part numbers and USA painted on them.

I couldn't find "made in the USA" anywhere on the General Spring website.

The location where I picked these up certainly isn't a manufacturing facility.

FYI.