Why do you love your MJ?

Jay

I've had my MJ for 2 or 3 years now. We've had our up's and down's but I will never ever get rid of her. I fell in love with MJ's back when I was a kid, and every so often I fall in love with mine all over again. The first time was pure looks. yeah I'm the superficial type lol. Never owning a four wheel drive before the first time off road I fell in love all over again. My MJ has a long bed that has saved me a time or two, thats three. And just earlier today I fell in love with my MJ for the fourth time. I've been a truck guy all my life and currently I own two trucks, an 86 MJ and a 87 Mazda B2000. I love my Mazda to death, its an awesome truck. Monday morning I had back surgery and today I was able to drive thanks to the design and shape of my MJ bench seat. The Mazda bucket seat pushed into my back where they cut it and it was extremely unbearable. The MJ seat cradeled my back and soothed the pain. Thanks to my MJ I was able to get out of my house today, the first time since monday. Being an outdoors kind of guy as well as always being on the go, just physically being able to drive up to the grocery store by myself just to get out of my house ment the world to me today. That's some of the reasons why I love my MJ and will keep her around as long as I possibly can. So now tell me, why do you love your's?

I'm tired of mine and don't love it anymore. bad gas mpg, and still needs lots of attention after dumping quite a bit of $$$ into it. been eyeballing some s-10 extremes lately

edit: maybe for the back sugery think look into BFC- bone flesh and cartladge. its at healt nut stores, but has healed my broken ankle and arm in half the time the doctors said i would heal.

I love mine because I bought it more than 22 years ago and has been a great vehicle. It has 246,000 miles and still runs great. I get it painted every 10 years and it looks great also. More and more often getting attention because of the rarity of it. It isn't 4wd but I don't take it off road anyway. It is great to own an mj!!!

I love mine because it was the first truck I bought, well traded for. The body is great, minus the driver rocker and floors. My only issue is it's the 86 and it's going to be a little rougher gettin the 4.0 in, but I doubt I'll get rid of it when it's done.

I love it because its just uncommon enough of a vehicle, and because mine is so ugly from the factory... I mean really- who at AMC thought beige paint with pink, black, and silver vinyl striping was a good idea? Addition of a dark blue canopy isn't helping it much either.

One the plus side, its easy to spot in a parking lot.

Cody I'm sorry to hear that. It makes me a little sad. Maybe it's time to put it up for adoption. Maybe a S-10 is a good way to go for you. I don't like them myself personally because they are everywhere and everyone makes after market parts for them. But we all don't have to like the same things, that's what makes the world so fun. Hopefully you change your mind about your jeep, and if not hopefully your new ride works out better for you no matter what it is. And thanks for the advise on the back stuff, I'll look into it.

The first time I loved it was when I went to buy it, not thinking it would run, and the PO hooked up the battery and fired it up! $250 later I drove it home. I slowly did a few things to get it running good, all the while knowing a little about the rarity and really liking that aspect of it.... then I found this place, and all that could be done and fell in love again.... CFC brought me a boatload of new parts for it, and it started all over again. Right now, I'm just really enjoying driving it everyday reliably, and waiting for the moment to come, real soon, for it to turn 350,000 miles! Ill have pics when the time comes!

I love my MJ,its the first jeep i ever wanted!!!! I found my MJ in a small one red light town from an old friend of the family for $1k with 119k on it. I will never part with my truck, I'll get some more MJs when I find them. My sons love the truck as much as I do, so I'll give them each one and by then I'll have a family that will carry on my love for MJs and pass it on for generations to come.

I've loved jeeps in general since i got my license 7 years ago. But I'm also a truck guy, so what's that come to?? The perfect match of truck/jeep/reliability/easy to work on. When I started looking for cars, I found out about this ole' jeep truck thing they don't make anymore and wanted one instantly. I love the rarity of the MJ and the simplicity of the Jeep. It might be old and need lots of work, but I don't ever want to get rid of it, even if it becomes a trail rig only and gets driven a few miles a year. comanche.gifjamminz.gif

I wouldn't say I love it, but I do like it. I like it for several reasons.

I know its complete history as my father-in-law bought it brand new.

I like it because it's kind of unique. I like it because it is 4X4 solid axle and durable as hell.

It's a tough old truck. It's been through the ringer and is like the energizer bunny.

I like it because of its size and capacity (big ton).

Now love, that is the other vehicle in my sig pics.

jamminz.gif

Why do I love my MJ:

10. Its not a Wrangler.

9. Its a truck and its a Jeep - at the same time no less!

8. Women way out of my league stare and drool over my manliness when I drive down main street in it, but I pay no mind. Sometimes, they pull up their shirts and yell, "throw me your beads!", but those chicks just don't get it. When I'm driving my MJ, carnal pleasures do not excite me because I am officially on a higher metaphysical plane of manliness where nothing (except seeing another MJ) tempts me in my rolling 4x4 cult of coolness. It also has the same effect on passengers. Ernest Hemingway could have never dreamed up a more manly vehicle.

7. My bench press goes up 20 lbs and my beard gets thicker every time I simply look at it.

6. Since owning an MJ, my sperm count has been off the charts - doctor confirmed!

5. If you are a legal MJ owner, you get to take your MJ to heaven with you when you die. Its true, its in the old testament somewhere.

4. Since its an older vehicle, a truck, and a Jeep, every time you drive an MJ, you piss off a tree-hugging, Prius driving, frappuccino sipping, city park occupying neo-hippie somewhere.

3. ...and this is an important one...running over stuff is always better in an MJ!

2. You need not read a library full of books of Zen, you need not traverse the ten thousand steps to a temple on cloud obscured Tibetan mountain, you need not spend your life pouring tea in an Ashram, to find true enlightenment, you only need to sit in your MJ with eyes closed. Then the spirits of Steve McQueen and John Wayne will visit you, smile and invite you to wheel with them in Heaven.

and the number one reason I love my MJ.....

1. Because on Comanche Club I get to put a dancing banana in my posts! Thanks Pete! :banana: :banana: :banana:

my 88 was my first ride that I bought. Mine all mine. :D during the next 4 years I spent 2-3 hours a day, 5-6 days a week in that bucket seat back when she was pulling DD duty. she was always fun to drive, though sometime temperamental. She taught me all about doing car repair myself. Later on, she provided some much needed recuperation and rehabilitation for me after an illness. took months to complete the buildup, but she came out looking and working fantastic. drove her out to Utah (3000 miles round trip) back in 05. Just me, my truck and my dog, hitting the open road in search of adventure. comanche.gif

there are oh so many memories in that old truck, she's never going to be anything but mine. :D

I love unique vehicles. Every since I got my TJ, I looked at other Jeeps and noticed the MJ and how cheap they are to buy. After 3 months of daily searching on CL I found mine with no rust. I love the attention I get when I drive it, its almost like a Ferrari! Everyone gives me thumbs up or wants to buy it from me. I'll never sell it. And the best thing is my wife loves it too!.

ONE...Because I paid $250.00 for it. It was from my best friend. It had 97,000 miles on it...solid body

TWO...2.5l 4 cyl. 5 spd

THREE...free cap for the bed

last... I've been driving it for about 5 years, only routine maintenence, about 107,000 on the clock, daily driver, hauls my lawnmowers, fire wood, junk. Do I need to go on???

I LOVE my Comanche!!!!