what do you listen to?

SW86

I'm sure this has been over but I'm looking for some new (old) tunes. ive found a few new bands but I'm burnt out basicly. so what are you listening to these days?

last band i found was Starf*cker. weird stuff but happy poppy groove stuff

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to listen to something different try Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. You might hate it but you might like it. Bela Fleck is his real name, he plays a banjo unlike you will ever hear, his drummer goes by the name Future Man and he plays a contraption he invented. The bass player is Victor Wooten, if you know any bass players and they haven't heard of Victor, they probably haven't played very long.

Buck.

The only time that I ever really... really... listen to music is when I'm out in the garage working on stuff. All production just about stops when the iPod decides to grace me with this gypsy group:

MyTwqEOJBfo

p0Dv8yBHPgo

SkkIwO_X4i4&ob=av2n

Hmm... I do like me some Gogol Bordello... and that's what happens when you're half Bohemian.

Other such selections are crazy smashed together songs that somehow sound like they belong together. The rest of my iPod consists of everything... everything!!!

My latest obsession is with Matisyahu. He's a reggae Jewish rapper and he's pretty good in my opinion. If you listen to antic his songs I recommend listening to "king without a crown" best song of his hands down. I also listen to some incubus and radiohead

Josh

I listen to everything from country, to jazz, to black metal. For god's sake my dad is in a bluegrass punk band! People hate riding with me because my ipod will go on shuffle from HankIII to Salt the wound(Cleveland GrindMetal)

Check out my dads band The Misery Jackals. They're interesting and cover about every topic possible with their songs

oh yeah. same here. my ipod will be on Oceano then Tom Petty then Explosions in the Sky but its better to be open minded then listen to the same type crap your whole life :thumbsup:

new band for today, Bear Hands.

oh yeah. same here. my ipod will be on Oceano then Tom Petty then Explosions in the Sky but its better to be open minded then listen to the same type crap your whole life .

totally agree. i used to be locked-into a classic-rock mode, but soon every classic station just seemed like it was re-hashing the same 30 songs or so. then i went looking for good, obscure stuff from the same area and discovered lots of new gems. luckily once i got into alternatives i found tons of fantastic stuff so now my playlists are awesome. ("morphine" is a relatively new fav.). and lately at night when hangin out it's pretty much all chill tunes though.

...every classic station just seemed like it was re-hashing the same 30 songs or so...

I feel ya. The station I listen to in the Chicagoland area you can tell is creeping up the years though. Now Bad Company, Seger, Zepplin, Redding, and The Stones have friends like Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam and the like. Awesome mix for just a radio station. They have no morning show, no contests, no gimmicks. Just great music. They highlight artists, have music back stories, play entire album sides, as well as one forty five at 1:45 every day. Once a year they throw a huge free concert for the listeners. I like it a lot.

http://www.wdrv.com/home.php

Rob

Now Bad Company, Seger, Zepplin, Redding, and The Stones have friends like Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam and the like. Awesome mix for just a radio station.

that pisses me off so bad! they do that down here too on the classic rock stations. my thing is, its not how old a song is, its the type of song it is. nirvana and the like, are NOT classic rock. they are rock and off into sub-categories of that.

i know i know, youll say well what were those songs back in that time. they werent classic rock, just rock right..... i agree but a different kind of rock then it is now days, hence, classic rock. i won't say a new band can't be classic rock but its very hard to capture that sound, that style of the 60s and 70s.

not trying to argue or start anything but come on people. nirvana and steppenwolf don't belong on the same channel!!!

• 1 month later...

Just curious if anyone here listenes to any rap...uh oh....

it seems like it should be a bad word here... :doh:

i grew up in the 80s. so i do listen to some rap...just old school, run dmc, beasties, fat boys, wu tang clan, and a far few select newer groups.

also, the bee gees, andy gibb rules...lol

i always get teased for listening to them by my chums

I'm kinda rock and rolled out...local rock station at work got to me...

still like zep, dead, boston, ....they really bring me back to a cool time in life, hanging out with older brothers a hundred years ago...

when I'm wheeling now, even though its very minor wheeling....more like riding the quad trails..., i listen to my truck and usually end up hearing an end link bushing or something needs tightening when i get home