what do you listen to?

SW86

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious if anyone here listenes to any rap...uh oh....

it seems like it should be a bad word here... :doh:

i grew up in the 80s. so i do listen to some rap...just old school, run dmc, beasties, fat boys, wu tang clan, and a far few select newer groups.

also, the bee gees, andy gibb rules...lol

i always get teased for listening to them by my chums

I'm kinda rock and rolled out...local rock station at work got to me...

still like zep, dead, boston, ....they really bring me back to a cool time in life, hanging out with older brothers a hundred years ago...

when I'm wheeling now, even though its very minor wheeling....more like riding the quad trails..., i listen to my truck and usually end up hearing an end link bushing or something needs tightening when i get home

The rap I listen to is:

Shing02

Nujabes

Kid Cudi

and recently wiz khalifa..

check my list

Just curious if anyone here listenes to any rap...uh oh....

it seems like it should be a bad word here... :doh:

i grew up in the 80s. so i do listen to some rap...just old school, run dmc, beasties, fat boys, wu tang clan, and a far few select newer groups.

also, the bee gees, andy gibb rules...lol

i always get teased for listening to them by my chums

I'm kinda rock and rolled out...local rock station at work got to me...

still like zep, dead, boston, ....they really bring me back to a cool time in life, hanging out with older brothers a hundred years ago...

when I'm wheeling now, even though its very minor wheeling....more like riding the quad trails..., i listen to my truck and usually end up hearing an end link bushing or something needs tightening when i get home

The rap I listen to is:

Shing02

Nujabes

Kid Cudi

and recently wiz khalifa..

check my list

• 4 weeks later...

Mainly electronic music myself with some Story of The Year and the like thrown in. Only hip hop I listen to is Foreign Beggars and The Streets. UK stuff is totally different than the US stuff. More of a mixture of down tempo and spoken word. A great underground group for hip hop is The Northern Lights. If your curious theres a link below. Great relaxation music :D

RockMJ

Just listening to pure Americana nowadays from Folk to Americana Country to the Blues and a little Bluegrass every now and then.

In no particular order:

Robert Johnson

Woodie Guthrie

Blind Willie Johnson

Fred Eaglesmith

Ryan Bingham

Hayes Carll

Lyle Lovett

Lucinda Williams

Cowboy Junkies

Bob Dylan

Nanci Griffith

Robert Earl Keen

Rodney Crowell

Tom Russell

Emmylou Harris (lord almighty what a beautiful artist!)

And on the rock side,,,,I have been into Jeff Buckley's album "Grace". Its an absolute piece of majesty! Also, been listening to a bit of Eddie Vedder. His "Into the Wild" soundtrack is pretty darn good!

gotta be some george thorogood, SRV, some project 86, five finger death punch, and some the game as well as skrillex. I have a 10 inch sub and 400 watt amp with infinitys in the doors and pillars. I'm a kid. i like loud stereos in my pickup. pissed the neighbors off when i go doorless

Gotta say I'm more of a metal head, five finger death punch, amon amarth, austrian death machine, chelsea grin, white chapel, stuff in that area, but oddly enough love country music too, with an odd bit of dubstep and techno here and there!

And since dad can't stand all of the above, classic rock seems to be the most common played in the garage, which is fine by me!

Gotta say I'm more of a metal head, five finger death punch, amon amarth, austrian death machine, chelsea grin, white chapel, stuff in that area, but oddly enough love country music too, with an odd bit of dubstep and techno here and there!

And since dad can't stand all of the above, classic rock seems to be the most common played in the garage, which is fine by me!

chelsea grin, whitechapel :chillin: check out Annotations of an Autopsy's - "before the throne of infection" album. badass as hell.

chelsea grin, whitechapel :chillin: check out Annotations of an Autopsy's - "before the throne of infection" album. badass as hell.

jamminz.gif Theyre pretty great! A couple of my other favorites are Children of Bodom, The Faceless, Born of Osiris, The acacia strain, and Winds of Plague

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

the only thing I don't listen to is rap and opera.

Both equally offensive in my book anything else is fair game ( though I have to say that hardcore and thrash metal I have to enjoy in moderation at this point).

I was raised on clasical and folk music (my parents had a folk band in the early 60's in Austin).

I was the front man for a punk band in '83 84' as lead singer conga player and occasional electric banjo....

Currently I am hooked on Joe Bonnamassa...probably the most important and talented young blues player since Stevie Ray.

If unfamiliar with this guy (and you are an acoustic or electric blues guitar fan) check out any of the ten plus CDS this guy has released (by the time he was 35...Christ where did I go wrong?? oh yeah thats right, chicks dope and booze)

Currently I am hooked on Joe Bonnamassa...probably the most important and talented young blues player since Stevie Ray.

Both these guys (RIP Stevie) are great. Love the old timers too; Buddy Guy, BB King, Muddy and John Lee, Charley Patton, Blind Willie Johnson, etc. Even some of the the Brits do a pretty good job, like Eric Clapton and Eric Burdon. As long as it's the Blues, I like it.