what do you listen to?

SW86

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only thing I don't listen to is rap and opera.

Both equally offensive in my book anything else is fair game ( though I have to say that hardcore and thrash metal I have to enjoy in moderation at this point).

It's understandeable. Opera gets me even angrier than hardcore or thrash metal only because it's so boring. The only reason I'd listen to rap is to mess with the subwoofer that my KJ came with :D

I can't believe no one has mentioned Pantera! What is wrong with this world?

after going through just about every type of metal there is these days. Pantera (while still good) just seems to be lacking to me now.

however, the live 101 proof is the best album hands down. i mean how can you sound that damn good live!

Generally, while driving, whatever is on local rock/classic rock/country station. If something comes on I din't care to listen to, I punch scan/search for something else or put in a book on CD. Have to wonder if Buffalob and I are related because I agree that I can listen to almost anything except rap and opera (and NPR - so far left they're off the planet - IMHO). My iPod and iPhone playlist is fairly eclectic, including rock, classic rock, southern rock (yes, it is a separate genre), blues, country (mostly newer bands, not much into the nasal twang thang), soul, spiritual and anything else that caught my ear. Oh yeah, no techno, heavy metal or thrash. Makes my ears and throat hurt just listening to all that screaming/shouting/echo/effects crap.

• 4 months later...

My wife? Lol

I... I'm uhhhh... I'm from texas? What do you mean "what do you listen to?"

Haha mostly older country and what we consider "texas country". A lot of classic rock, rockabilly, hellbilly.

Yeah, I reckon he means music (but the "wife" thing was funny :D ).

I hear that out there in Texas, y'all have BOTH kinds of music - county  and western! *badda bing*

Here is a funny country song by Ween, titled "Piss Up A Rope": 

gettin weird this morning and taking notes from this song from now on :rotfl2:

Following that trend here's some tips on how to get to the "quit it" stage

Also, some advice on the "hit it" part, if you can't figure it out  :rotf:

My wife? Lol

I... I'm uhhhh... I'm from texas? What do you mean "what do you listen to?"

Haha mostly older country and what we consider "texas country". A lot of classic rock, rockabilly, hellbilly.

Yeah, I reckon he means music (but the "wife" thing was funny :D ).

I hear that out there in Texas, y'all have BOTH kinds of music - county  and western! *badda bing*

Here is a funny country song by Ween, titled "Piss Up A Rope": www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7M3EEHYkJ0 .

That's some funny stuff! But Thanks to you... now I have "Rawhide" stuck in my head with the images of black suits and sunglasses!

I can listen to anything as long as it's not some idiot seeing how loud he can scream incomprehensible lyrics into a mike. Favorites tho are Hank Williams Sr, Johnny Cash, Andre Segovia and Chet Atkins. Any of the old western, country. blue grass.

If I had a hammer

I'd smash my thumb

I'd cuss and swear

And say boy that was dumb.