Lift setups...Lets see em

Hello everyone I'm new here on cc but not to the jeep comunity. Ive owned 5 xjs and always wanted a Comanche and finally got one the other day. Well ive been thinking hard of my plans and I'm stuck on the lift and tire size, so I was wondering if you guys could post pics and info on your setup. can't wait to see some sweet Comanches.

a better question; what do you want to do with your truck when it's finished? daily driver? rock crawler? mud? pavement queen? will it see any highway time? are you looking to upgrade the gears or avoid that cost? willing to cut the fenders?

what engine/trans/rear axle combo do you have?

welcome to the addiction! :cheers: comanche.gif

i have a 3 inch lift (Hell Creek MT leafs in the rear, 2 inch spacers and ZJ v8 variable rate coils in the front) 4.0, AX-15, D35 (but upgrading to D44 by the end of the month), D30 front (getting replaced with a Non CAD axle that works), and 31 inch General Grabber AT2 tires..

378476_2636695637166_1248744812_3116457_1742421417_n.jpg

I will finally be rid of that D35 this month :yes:

keep em coming my setup so far is 30/35 which I plan on swapping both out gonna look for an 8.8 for the rear and get rid of the cad in the front that is a waste of my time. I'm looking into a 4.5-6" lift, other ideas are in the head so who knows where its going but keep posting the pics

3" Rough Country kit (coil springs, LCA's, sway bar drop brackets, AAL for the rear and shocks all the way around) sittin on 32x11.5x15 Dunlop Mud Rovers

doesnt get much play time yet though. going to eventually swap axles (and motor/tranny/tc) and add more lift :thumbsup:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: AWESOME MJ! :thumbsup: how are those mirrors mounted by the mirrors?

I think you ment the fender lights :D, I got those brackets back a few years ago from Motion offroad, i don't believe they carry them anymore and sadly i couldnt tell ya where 2 find another set. The lights are just generic "Tractor" lights from Wal Mart with a set of grills i had glued onto em. I do like having them and theyre very usefull on long stretchs of road where deer may be hanging out though ;)

i have a 3 inch lift (Hell Creek MT leafs in the rear, 2 inch spacers and ZJ v8 variable rate coils in the front) 4.0, AX-15, D35 (but upgrading to D44 by the end of the month), D30 front (getting replaced with a Non CAD axle that works), and 31 inch General Grabber AT2 tires..

378476_2636695637166_1248744812_3116457_1742421417_n.jpg

That looks really good. Not to much and not to little. I'm gonna make a note of that setup.

it is winter :D

in that pic? i see no snow...

look harder......... ok ok you got me. at first it was just going to be a winter rig, but I'm still kinda young and dumb so the GLI will get me in trouble. so i choose to let the car sit and rack the miles up on the mj, plus i don't have to worry about getting door dinged. last time I'm filled up the car it got 29 mpg, filled up the mj and got 12.5 :fs1: