New aftermarket MJ Bumper!

Thank you to Nates for offering this :bowdown:

and at a very reasonable price! :cheers:

mj_rr_5.jpg

I really like that he went with a blockout strip on top

mj_rr_2.jpg

Though I think it could look cleaner if the receiver was under the bottom, instead of centered

mj_rr_4.jpg

though mounting it lower would eat up some rear ground clearance

Also, its tough to see if the mounts wrap under the frame like the stock mounts or not:

mj_rr_3.jpg

mj_rr_1.jpg

Either way, Thanks to Nates 4x4!! image_209027.gif

A real MJ bumper for less than the price of a FEY universal bumper :thumbsup:

it's clean, functional, looks to have a real hitch, and the frame mounts tie all the way back to a big bolt further up the frame. I like it. :D wish it was just a tad wider though.

I like the way it ties in waaaay back. I have a ball on my step bumper...I don't trust it much. I do like my step bumper though...a little wider would fit the bill nicely. It coul also stand be diamond plated, shiny or black.

iwish it was just a tad wider though.

Yep, that's the first thing I thought of when I looked at it. It should match the width of the MJ butt end. But I think that could be easily remedied. Functional, simple, good looks, stout, and affordable. I think it's a winner. :cheers:

iwish it was just a tad wider though.

Yep, that's the first thing I thought of when I looked at it. It should match the width of the MJ butt end. But I think that could be easily remedied. Functional, simple, good looks, stout, and affordable. I think it's a winner. :cheers:

I noticed that too,

just figured they were trying to keep it from being a tree grabber off road.

The problem with trying to make one bumper to fit everyone is that's a tough mark to hit.

I agree it's a winner!

But much as I like it & the price,

it's not a good fit for what I need.

nice tie-ins.

but I hope he full welds between the rear bumper and the plate that goes under the tailgate. if that's angle iron, that's a very likely place to rust.

aside from that, a little wider, and tuck it towards the body a bit more. it's a great starting point.

its okay in my book. i wouldnt buy it but i bet he sells a few.

id take off the baby d ring tabs for JCR style tabs and make the hitch reciever recessed and trailer hooks on the backside of the bumper. basicly make it the equivalent to the front JCR bumper with side rails and all.

sorry, JCR just does a bang up job! :yes:

sorry, JCR just does a bang up job! :yes:

Agreed, but they no longer sell an MJ rear bumper.

The most attractive part of this Nates bumper is the price. It is cheap enough that guys without a lot of fabrication skills (like myself) could customize it to their personal liking/needs.

Regardless, it is great to see another MJ rear bumper option at a reasonable price. I bet the sales of this bumper will trump that of the Hanson rear bumper within the month due to price not necessarily design.

I will be making and selling bumpers for MJs front and rear but its gunna be next year at some point before I'm ready to sell them.Nates looks like a good starting point and a good simple bumper for MJs.It looks like 75% of the TJ bumpers out there for the most part and they function well.But ya I see a few things I will do different.

if i didn't already have a jcr rear bumper then i'd be all over this one.at least they give you an option if you want a reciever hitch as i really didn't want one on my jcr.i never intend to pull anything with my mj except stuck vehicles out of mudholes and ditches.you really can't beat the price on this bumper as well.

Anyone actually ever ordered a product from Nate? I have for my cherokee and so have a couple of my buddies. Horrible communication. 3 months for a winch bumper that was promised to ship 2 weeks after I ordered it. He never answered the phone or emails. Had to contact my credit card company and file a complaint to make his get his @$$ together and build my bumper. Stay away from him like the plague!

Anyone actually ever ordered a product from Nate? I have for my cherokee and so have a couple of my buddies. Horrible communication. 3 months for a winch bumper that was promised to ship 2 weeks after I ordered it. He never answered the phone or emails. Had to contact my credit card company and file a complaint to make his get his @$$ together and build my bumper. Stay away from him like the plague!

:shake: Aaah, the plot thickens... :peek:

So, I shot Nates4x4 an e-mail with a few questions about the MJ bumper last week, and received a response today:

Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Hello, I found out about your MJ rear bumper through a thread on comancheclub.com. My questions about the MJ rear bumper are:

1) Are there any provisions for mounting a license plate and light to it?

2) What is the turn around time from time an order is placed for it until it is received?

3) Can it be made/produced with an additional 2" in overall width to protect the entire rear of the truck?

4) Are the tie-ins for a long bed or short bed model, or does it not matter?

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Jeff

His reply:

Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Jeff,

This was prototyped on a Long Box, I have done research, but not test-fitted on a short box. I have emailed a picture of the mounting bracket separately, if you would like to compare to your frame rails.

Turnaround time is 1 week until shipping. Shipping is 1-5 business days depending on your location.

There are no currently provisions for a license plate and light, however, I would be happy to accommodate this at no extra charge. One way to do it would be self-drilling screws to screw the plate and aftermarket light to the bumper, or we could fabricate a bracket for you to hold the plate and light.

2" Extra width is no problem. No charge for this.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Nate

Note: there was no pic attachment, but can just refer to their website if necessary.

Thoughts or comments?