New aftermarket MJ Bumper!

ive only seen one awsome Mj rear bumper on here that someone made. don't remember who but i pm'd him about making me one and i just never had the cash at the time. it was almost perfect and then he sent me some slightly different plans that were perfect

damn it. ill see if i can dig it up

edit:

here's his build thread. theres a pic or two in there. the one i was going to have him make was slightly different but same general idea.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14599

So, I shot Nates4x4 an e-mail with a few questions about the MJ bumper last week, and received a response today:

Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Hello, I found out about your MJ rear bumper through a thread on comancheclub.com. My questions about the MJ rear bumper are:

1) Are there any provisions for mounting a license plate and light to it?

2) What is the turn around time from time an order is placed for it until it is received?

3) Can it be made/produced with an additional 2" in overall width to protect the entire rear of the truck?

4) Are the tie-ins for a long bed or short bed model, or does it not matter?

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Jeff

His reply:

Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Jeff,

This was prototyped on a Long Box, I have done research, but not test-fitted on a short box. I have emailed a picture of the mounting bracket separately, if you would like to compare to your frame rails.

Turnaround time is 1 week until shipping. Shipping is 1-5 business days depending on your location.

There are no currently provisions for a license plate and light, however, I would be happy to accommodate this at no extra charge. One way to do it would be self-drilling screws to screw the plate and aftermarket light to the bumper, or we could fabricate a bracket for you to hold the plate and light.

2" Extra width is no problem. No charge for this.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Nate

Note: there was no pic attachment, but can just refer to their website if necessary.

Thoughts or comments?

Sounds like he wants to sell some bumpers. :thumbsup:

Anyone actually ever ordered a product from Nate? I have for my cherokee and so have a couple of my buddies. Horrible communication. 3 months for a winch bumper that was promised to ship 2 weeks after I ordered it. He never answered the phone or emails. Had to contact my credit card company and file a complaint to make his get his @$$ together and build my bumper. Stay away from him like the plague!

Welcome to Comanche Club. :cheers:

Did you and your buddies all order bumpers at the same time?

How was the build quality once you got it?

I don't know Nate, and never dealt with the company,

just wondering,