Gearing down for the Diesel MJ. IL > PA > VA > IL

Automan2164

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So so nervous. I put 40 miles on the truck/trailer combo running errands this evening, and every creek, squeak, and rumble is still putting me on edge.

I remember that feeling as I headed to moab (wishing that I had been able to borrow a trailer and tow truck). I'm sure you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

Whew, what a drive. Pretty smooth for the most part. I have to say that IL really needs to get this ticket toll thing. Only stopping when you get on and off is the way to go. The truck towed great, very smooth, manageable. 11.8 MPG average. Not the best, but ok. Stopped once in IN for fuel, once in PA. Snow as soon as we got into PA. BJ warned me, but I didn't believe him. Boy was there snow. Just in time for this flatlander to start carving the hills. GPS led us astray for a bit, but we got back on in the right place.

Finally got in to BJ's about 6:00 pm. Could not have been greeted by more gracious hosts. Home cooked meal with ham, potatoes and beer, all with the warm fire place going. Amazing family. Yet another reason being a Comanche club member is where its at.

More updates and pics once I get on the computer.

Rob :cheers:

The 92 has safetly arrived :D It has a bright future here in Pennsylvania.....Rob hit the road just after 12:00pm est time here on his way to Virginia, He's more than pumped to get that Diesel. I'm sure he'll chime in with details as it all unfolds.....What a classy guy is all I can say ;) and I gotta give props to Angela as well for sticking right beside him through their journey :cheers:

do you know if he intends to head back to Ill once having made the pick up. I have to travel. I offered should a safe haven for the truck should he needs too and i suspect that he'll make way once he makes the pickup. I suspect he'll head back after the pickup,

He has this comig week off from work. After he gets the 86, him and Angela plan on making a vacation out of the trip home, visiting some things and just taking their time on the trip back,...probably won't be home till later in the week i supposse ;)

My Uncle came and picked up the 92 tonight, he was absolutly flattered and I will be keeping tabs on his progress with it and keep you guys posted :cheers:

My Uncle came and picked up the 92 tonight, he was absolutly flattered and I will be keeping tabs on his progress with it and keep you guys posted :cheers:

i will be watching closely.

Bet you feel like a proud Papa..

He has this comig week off from work. After he gets the 86, him and Angela plan on making a vacation out of the trip home, visiting some things and just taking their time on the trip back,...probably won't be home till later in the week i supposse ;) :cheers:

cool sometimes the spanglish gets the best of me :thumbsup:

Life is good guys. We made it down here all in one piece. We are currently at a hotel in Virginia Beach. To my left is a balcony over looking the ocean. Angela is overjoyed. She's getting up early tomorrow morning to watch the sun rise over the water. Just finished with a pizza and uncorked a bottle we had saved for when we got down here. The diesel is in good, but warn shape. It shakes like a son of a... at low idle, but off idle, runs great. Needs some TLC for sure. Tach goes backwards, I didn't run it enough to see boost pressure, just happy to have it. I took a shot of the truck before we got it on the trailer, and one really bad one of it at the hotel with the Hilton in the background. Boy do I stick out like a sore thumb. :D

294438_267857819918379_100000824882082_704741_1930772473_n.jpg

320714_267927346578093_100000824882082_704953_1191720019_n.jpg

I'll have more of a story and pics when I get home the end of this week. I'll keep the beast fed with small updates and pics here and there though. I won't leave you guys hanging.

Rob :cheers:

I tell ya... that license plate. Can't help but change the lyrics to "Disco Duck" in my head.

DJZn4z2F2XI&NR=1

"Disco... disco TRUCK! Disco... disco TRUCK!"

Another job well done. Thanks you, Rick Dees... thank you.

Seen it. Lol looks nice can't wait to see it in person. My dad is excited to see another one.

I'll probably give you a ring on the way home. It doesn't run good enough to drive... Think your pops would be down for a house call? It needs some TLC, it would be cool to learn from the master.

Rob