Wanna know what 11 years of rust looks like?

Sir Sam

Seriously???? That is nothing compared to what us former and current rust belt drivers have had to deal with. I hope youre joking because to many of us, it isnt funny. Be happy to have what you have! Sorry if this sounds mean, but knowing what real rust is and seeing that just makes me want to cry. I'm glad I now live in NC and don't have to deal with it anymore. Having slush build up on the back of your pantleg while driving, and haveing to prop up the cab of your ranger in the rear to keep the cab from bouncing off the bed..... that is rust! :thumbsup:

oh the humanity!!!

looks like we lost another one to the red cancer. :(

Pete, I think you need to have your eyes checked.

Correy, I think you need to have your sarcasm radar checked.

I am having the same rust problems with my mj here in Florida, especially now that it isn't my dd anymore and I have to park it in the garage and can only drive it when it's not raining, I am afraid the dust buildup is really going to corrode the underbody. What should I do?

I am having the same rust problems with my mj here in Florida, especially now that it isn't my dd anymore and I have to park it in the garage and can only drive it when it's not raining, I am afraid the dust buildup is really going to corrode the underbody. What should I do?

Sounds horrible.

Rob L.

You southerners really grind my gear complaining about your "rust".

Until it looks like this gem I picked up over the last summer, I don't want to hear a peep.

29319_124490507588445_100000824882082_126788_273493_n.jpg

29319_124494297588066_100000824882082_126816_203964_n.jpg

I will hunt you down and rub salt/calcium chloride into your rockers, floors, and wheel wells until you scream for mercy.

Rob L. :fs2:

Okay, Rob, I'll admit I have it good here unless the hurricanes come. I do have to know, what was saved from that truck? I think I need a tetanus shot just looking at it. I am very thankful my mj lived just one winter in the midwest.

Wash the underbody prior to garage storage.

Wash the underbody prior to garage storage.

and especially get up in the bedside to wash that ledge that's right behind the rear fenders.

You southerners really grind my gear complaining about your "rust".

Until it looks like this gem I picked up over the last summer, I don't want to hear a peep.

29319_124490507588445_100000824882082_126788_273493_n.jpg

29319_124494297588066_100000824882082_126816_203964_n.jpg

I will hunt you down and rub salt/calcium chloride into your rockers, floors, and wheel wells until you scream for mercy.

Rob L. :fs2:

Sodium Chloride? umn.gif

See if anyone can beat this:

Yes we cut the bedsides off, cut the front fenders, ripped the swaybar out, wheeled the heck out of it till the front leaf hangers ripped right out of the unibody...it kept up with my 3.5 lifted XJ on 31s all day in our OHV park..Buddy actually drove this thing for awhile till he seen how bad the uniframe was and didnt think it should see 70mph anymore. Eventually it was stripped of the trans and t-case for a 84 XJ, engine started having problems, I pulled everything comanche I could think of off of it and it went in for scrap..250 bucks invested in the whole rig!

As you can see the exhaust is really rusty, it might even take some WD40 to get those exhaust bolts out.

if you want a good penatrant use aero kroil, everyone calls it kroil. its in a orange can and claims to creep down to one millionth of an inch if used properly (apply a few times a day, a few days before, but just waiting 30 mins does a decent job) its what we use on all the industrial jobs i work at. beats the crap outta the pb blaster junk and wd40

As you can see the exhaust is really rusty, it might even take some WD40 to get those exhaust bolts out.

if you want a good penatrant use aero kroil, everyone calls it kroil. its in a orange can and claims to creep down to one millionth of an inch if used properly (apply a few times a day, a few days before, but just waiting 30 mins does a decent job) its what we use on all the industrial jobs i work at. beats the crap outta the pb blaster junk and wd40

he was joking. :thumbsup: meaning that there's so little rust that even wd40 would work.