Rubicon Express MJ

Motion Offroad

When we did the Rubicon Trail in '09, I saw that MJ at the Loon Lake staging area. As we worked out way across the slabs, I ran into my buddy Scott who works at RE. He and a friend were riding these mini dirt bikes and they had brought them out in the MJ.

I'm pretty sure they use it as a shop truck.

2 each his/her own with this being stated everyone has different likes and dislikes i see this as a positive for our beloved mj and if this gets more companies interested in the MJ :brows: we may see competitive market for parts etc. :cheers: so for those folks that have a few mj could have a company sponsor or interest to do something which can have a mutal benefit :jump: just me on my soapbox.gif fwiw

I don't know what to say. There are some things that I am just saying WOW thats nice. but then you look and your like :ack: I would kinda rather a rust free shell then that but who knows may be the next big thing

Brandon

Oh and no buckets really? just sayin...

It looks funny. Are there any more pictures? .

The more I look at it, the more I am convinced that picture has been altered is a few different ways. I think the front end is chrome, which the tinted in photoshop. The front axle was blatantly blacked out and the driver side brake rotor is just off. I am also not convinced the bed is real, the lines and reflections don't flow quite right. Maybe the kid at RE tried to touch up their truck a little too much.

What bugs me most about the pre-runner stlye, is the massive front fender opening and the small, much lower rear fender opening.

But like I said earlier, if this thing is really out there and running around, it is a good sign for the MJ crowd. Maybe we will get a variety of parts to pick from when building, repairing, or restoring a truck.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll have to chime in on this. I installed the fiberglass fenders on all four corners of this rig. It started out as just freshing it up and doing a tune up and some other minor repairs at my old work (T and J Performance in Orange, CA) and then turned into doing fiberglass fenders. After that was done, the RE employee that owns it was gonna DD it until he put a Long Arm kit on it. Pretty soon he painted it and threw a bumper on it to spruce it up. It's a work in progress. I know he has a Currie 9" housing waiting to go in it too.

To each his own is definitely the theme of this thread. It appears this forum is dominated by non-prerunner people, but that's cool. I love the look of the truck. I agree though, I wish the performance had come first. It was one of those things, one thing lead to another and pretty soon it sits the way it does now. Like I said, started with tune up and maintenance, then it was decided that the fiberglass was going on so that he could see how much lift he needed for the specific tire he wanted (which was, admittedly, a different tire than what's on it now), and as he was working out the suspension plan, he go sick of the red cab with white fenders look, so he got it painted.

Anyhow, when Rubicon gets back on track, I expect some really sweet performance upgrades on this truck soon after.

don't get me wrong, i like the front pre-runner fenders. even thought about getting some at one point. its just the rear that doesn't do it for me..and maybe those bug eye headlights but i bet the finished project will be killer

I agree about the headlights, they are a little goofy. I've never really like the projector adaptation to a standard light or even the halo thingys that seem to be "hip" now.

I think that if the rear was a tad bit lower, either level with the front or just a tiny bit lower than the front, the bedsides would look better. They are kind of blocky though.

I will end this right now - it looks good. This thread can now be locked; I have spoken :D

Done! haha

don't get me wrong, i like the front pre-runner fenders. even thought about getting some at one point. its just the rear that doesn't do it for me..and maybe those bug eye headlights but i bet the finished project will be killer

I agree about the headlights, they are a little goofy. I've never really like the projector adaptation to a standard light or even the halo thingys that seem to be "hip" now.

I think that if the rear was a tad bit lower, either level with the front or just a tiny bit lower than the front, the bedsides would look better. They are kind of blocky though.

those are the exact two problems that led to my initial :ack: the square lines of the MJ just don't lend to bulge-d bed-sides IMO, maybe from a different angle.

and I'm all for upgraded headlights but not blacked out projectors. not my taste. the cal-hood, front fenders, paint/stripes tint, all looks great though