Exotic Car Spotters Thread

AMCJeepMJ

I must be getting old.  The lines on new exotic cars just don't do it for me.  They all look alike.   Some even look like a Hyundai to me.

I'm with you. Most everything built after 1985 or so look like clones of each other. To me a Ferrari looks like a Lamborghini looks like a Maserati. I like stuff that you know immediately what it is, like this Shelby 427.

carroll-shelby-427-cobra-pdbreen487-l.jp

every gen of car looks similar to each other. :(  soon as a design proves to be popular, the rest follow suit.  obviously there are exceptions, but boxy 80s cars look alike, big boat 70s cars look alike, etc.  very few young people can really tell a 58 ford from a 58 chevy from a 58 plymouth.  they all look alike.

Mid engine mustang with ford GT drive train and Shelby roof grafted on. 938ab3261563b7c60600fa52229a91c9.jpg

Same guy owned both of these, the orange one was for sale for 55k 949057e6019d88a9aeb906b2e91457a8.jpg9697f732655d03eb5f1aa6e600e8056d.jpg

Let's see what old timers can guess this car ;) 93511a5f0edc774a422ac7caf679d70f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I must be getting old.  The lines on new exotic cars just don't do it for me.  They all look alike.   Some even look like a Hyundai to me.

I'm with you. Most everything built after 1985 or so look like clones of each other. To me a Ferrari looks like a Lamborghini looks like a Maserati. I like stuff that you know immediately what it is, like this Shelby 427.

carroll-shelby-427-cobra-pdbreen487-l.jp

Ah, the Shelby.  Nothing beats a massive souped up muscle car engine on a go cart frame.  That's a car.

There was a Maserati at my work earlier. Didn't catch the model, though. I was in my uniform otherwise I would of snapped pictures. Sitting out in my Sentra at the top of the parking lot I saw a teen that couldn't of been older than 18 hop into it.... Crazy what some of these Southside and Rainbow City folks buy their kids to drive. New guy at work (18 years old) drives a 2015 Beamer which is lowered, blacked out, and has a ridiculously built and turboed engine. He told me his parents covered every bit of the cost and they pay the insurance on it. I just don't understand spending so much on new cars.

I never bothered to read the rules, but I do think if you post a pic it should actually be a picture you took. Not something you found online

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OK here's a couple of AMX/3's that I took pictures of back in 1983, right after I bought my first AMX (I was 17 YO at the time). I know, a long time ago, way before digital cameras. I had my father's polaroid so I could only take a couple. The owner of the yellow one was a very nice guy and he let me sit behind the wheel. Somewhere I have photos of one other car that I've got to see, so I've seen 3 of the 6 built.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I think that given the money they bring..... a Superbird is kind of an exotic.....

This is in a different presentation though....... this is a throwback pic of someone TRULY committed to daily driving theirs....... snow chains and all.

13f685cbada189260963b0acbe40bee7.jpg

I've been working on this 2015  Hellcat all week. I put a new complete engine assembly in it at 8700 miles. The unkeyed crank pulley came loose, thus no longer driving any accessories including the supercharger, and ruining the end of the crankshaft. I did drive it afterwards, so technically it was on the street per rules.

FB_IMG_1507938957524.jpg

FB_IMG_1507939355831.jpg

dasbulliwagen - Was the key left out of the pulley at assembly or is the crank pulley not keyed at all?  If not keyed, is it a press or taper fit?

Trying to understand why they would build a 700-800 HP engine without a secure drive for the supercharger and accessories!