Comanche of the month, May 2010 --- 89Eliminator's 1989

Well fellas, its that time of the month again, and its MJOTM time. Wheeler this month, and boy do we have another nice one in the mix.

---May 2010 - 89Eliminator's 1989 Jeep Comanche Eliminator---

MODEL AND YEAR

1989 Ex 2wd now 4wd Eliminator

ENGINE & PERFORMANCE:

Renix 4.0 with 150k on the clock. Just a simple Rustys intake tube with K&N filter and Flowmaster 40 for the performance.

DRIVETRAIN:

AW4 trans

NP231 with Advance Adapter SYE

HP Non-disco Dana 30 with 4.10 gears and a lock-right locker, and a homebuilt diff guard. Dana 44 with 4.10 gears, detroit locker, and Rockcrusher diff cover.

COOLING:

still have the closed loop system with a 3 row radiator. besides some old hoses it hasnt failed me yet.

ELECTRICAL & IGNITION:

stock

STEERING:

JCR Offroad Over The Knuckle

SUSPENSION:

i like to call it hybrid...

front: homemade long arm 4-link, 6.5" Rustys coils, 12" stroke Bilstein 5150 shocks, limiting straps, Rubicon Express tracbar mount, brake lines, Generation II quick disconnects, homemade tracbar mount crossbrace, tracbar, over the axle tracbar mount, adjustable bumpstops.

rear: SOA with 2wd leafs, Rough Country lift shackles, lengthened bumpstops, RE brake line, 11" stroke Superlift shocks.

INTERIOR:

CB radio, Pioneer deck, door speakers, and corner cab speakers. Everything else is stock Eliminator package.

BRAKES:

stock. KJ liberty discs are in the process of going on the Dana 44.

LIGHTING:

stock

WHEELS/TIRES:

33x10.5x15 BFG KM1 Mud Terrains. 15x8 ProComp 8179 wheels.

MISCELLANEOUS:

sunroof, homemade front winch bumper, rear bumper, rock rails, and spare tire mount. Rollbar is from first generation Dodge Dakota. Bed has Line-X. Hi-Lift jack mount, ammo can for tools/parts. I also did all of the bodywork (1st time at that) and had it painted.

Best MJ story:

It would have to be when i first got my truck. I was going to look at a 4x4 Pioneer that somebody told me about. Well that truck had seen better days and i thought they were asking a bit too much for what it was. Well on my way home, i spotted (what is now my truck) a red Eliminator that was sitting near the side of a garage. It looked pretty clean so i decided i should drop a note in the owners mailbox. Well as i was writing the note, the owner happened to come outside to get the mail. I approached him and the rest is history.

What owner loves best about CC:

friendship, hands down. i feel like i can get to know somebody via CC so that first time physically meeting is no big deal. I feel i have gained life long friends from CC.

I just want to say thanks for the opportunity. :cheers:

One of the first days home, test fitting a tire off my mom's TJ. i was dumb and didnt take a first day home pic. just picture a cap and red wheels. :ack:

the first time out of the garage wearing the fresh paint job.

it has gone through quite a few different lift combo's. this was really the first lift that i kept for a little bit.

i kept it clean, only seeing road duties for a good year. it only took one trip to get the bug and it was all downhill (or maybe uphill :D ) from there.

its still clean (for MJ standards) but it has some battle wounds. here are just various pics...

4321_1181726141404_1175716950_565703_7963884_n.jpg

21062_621446874013_69205681_36118299_5413385_n.jpg

24348_1319741747597_1052381797_30898992_2826249_n.jpg

Gorgeous truck Wade. I have had the privilege of seeing it in person a handful of times, and truly a well done MJ. One of the cleanest I have seen. If it was mine I wouldn't take it out in the rain, let alone wheel it as hard as you do. The detail in your work is awesome. Doesn't hurt that your a good guy in person either. Always willing to lend some advice on the board, or make a contribution to the topic.

Congrats on being May's MJOTM!

Another great MJ another great owner. image_209027.gif

Rob L. :cheers:

lots of out trucks look better in photos than they do in person. Wade's truck looks exactly as awesome as it appears in photos. :bowdown: seen it with my own eyes. :thumbsup:

well deserved wade.

that third picture came up on an internet search i did a few years back now, i just typed in jeep comanche on google images, and that pic is what motivated me to really find an mj. and it is as sweet in person.

Wow....your truck is fantastic. I really like that picture of it 1/2 way up that rock shelf. I like to see the shots of how the MJ changed with time. It is amazing to see some of the talent of the people on CClub. You never know what is possible until you see the imagination of other people combined with the mechanical skill to make those dreams reality!! I really enjoyed reading and seeing this MJOTM!!

Great truck and Great Build!! :cheers:

Super Nice. :thumbsup:

Another fine example of beauty and the beast.

So Wade, in this pic were you doing donuts prior to taking the picture. :brows:

:cheers:

So Wade, in this pic were you doing donuts prior to taking the picture. :brows:

sadly i can't take credit for those hahaha. those are my neighbors.

Awesome truck, where did you get that grill guard from?

i yanked it off a XJ in the junkyard. no clue who made it. i added the winch mount.

That has to be one of the best looking trucks I've seen. Were you in Sturtevant earlier in this week Tues or Wed? I saw a red MJ turning on 90th St from Hwy 20 and my jaw dropped. I knew I could find it on CC

Mike

That has to be one of the best looking trucks I've seen. Were you in Sturtevant earlier in this week Tues or Wed? I saw a red MJ turning on 90th St from Hwy 20 and my jaw dropped. I knew I could find it on CC

Mike

guilty

what were you driving?

• kryptronic unpinned and featured this topic