What brand of gas do you buy?

CWLONGSHOT

I have known about this piece of trash that owns CITGO OIL CO. and haven't bought a drop in over three years now.

Here is a copy of an email I just received:

IN ORLANDO LAST WEEK, AT A

CITGO STATION, REGULAR GAS WAS PRICED AT$2.82 PER GALLON, AND NO CUSTOMERS.

HOWEVER, ACROSS THE STREET FUEL WAS SELLING FOR $2.85

PER GALLON AND ALL PUMPS THERE HAD CARS WAITING TO FUEL UP. What's going on? Word is getting around!!!!! Read on:

Have you noticed how the CITGO signs have disappeared in the past 7-8 months? A very clever move by Chavez.. But guess what, "CITGO" IS CHANGING ITS NAME, too...

This is serious, Americans,....make sure you read this very carefully..

NEWS FLASH:

Chavez is NOW getting a Russian Weapons Factory built by Putin. The RUSSIANS are building an AK -47 Kalashnikov Assault Rifle factory in Venezuela , to give armament support to Communist Rebel groups throughout the Americas ..

Chavez NOW has IRANIANS operating his oil refineries in Venezuela for him. It is likely only a matter of time, if not already, before Chavez has Iranian built LONG RANGE missiles, with a variety of warhead types aimed at: Guess Who?

CITGO is NOW in the process of Changing Its Name to "PETRO EXPRESS" due to the loss of gasoline sales in the USA ......due to the recent publicity of ownership by that big headed spic Chavez of Venezuela.

Every dollar you spend with ''CITGO" or "PETRO EXPRESS" gasoline will be used against you, your basic human rights, and your freedoms. He will start wars here in the Americas that will probably be the death of millions.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT because Chavez is starting to feel the loss of revenue from his holdings. HE OWNS "CITGO". This is a very important move that everyone should be aware of.

ANNOUNCED JUST RECENTLY: "CITGO", BEING AWARE THAT SALES ARE DOWN DUE TO U.S. CUSTOMERS NOT WANTING TO BUY FROM 'CITGO-CHAVEZ', HAVE STARTED TO CHANGE THE NAME OF SOME OF THEIR STORES TO: 'PETRO EXPRESS'. DO NOT BUY FROM "PETRO EXPRESS" EITHER!!! 'PETRO EXPRESS' IS ALSO 100% OWNED BY "CHAVEZ."

KEEP THIS MEMO GOING SO THAT EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT IS HAPPENING...

BOTTOM LINE,-- BOYCOTT "CITGO" & "PETRO EXPRESS" please!!

PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS IS PASSED ON TO EVERYONE IN YOUR E-MAIL LIST IN THE UNITED STATES AND OUTSIDE OF AMERICA .

I buy Shell if available.. but my wife would slap me otherwise....

Yes... Citgo is actually owned by the Venezulan government. As far as the rest of the right wing diatribe... There probably is some grain of truth mixed in there....

BTW... if you use ANY Harley-Davidson branded oil... you are buying Citgo products....

yeah, c-it-go is owned by venezuela, has been for some time... there's none of them around me that i can think of... as for where i fill up, it depends on what i'm near when i need gas.... there's an irving station across the street from work thats usually the cheapest around, i fill up there most of the time.. about the only two i haven't used at some point is khout and valero...

Will do !

I usually buy from Conoco .

I have not put seven eleven gas in any vehicle for about twenty years .

Up here , all the seven eleven stores use Citco . Myth being , they add water to the gas .

Probably true ? :dunno:

Others I prefer : Diamond Shamrock , BP , Shell .

Wow ! Maybe this is too political ?

However allot of the things covered has flaws . Any facts compiled purely off Liberal / conservative media stations

are skewed to fit personal gain and political preference .

Anyone who thinks Bush owns all the middle east oil companies , needs to do more research .

How come Obama is pushing for more off-shore drilling programs ?

Frankly if Chavez was such a good leader , than why are his people still poor and oppressed ?

Anyone still riding the anti-bush campaign , needs to get over it . Sh@ts done with .

If we are such bad people , than why are they taking the first rubber dingy over here then ?

Anyone who has been to Venezuela , knows of civil poverty and social decay .

Now they are building weapons factories ? Great !

Cheap should not be the defining choice in where we buy oil , thats why Walmart is one of the largest companies

in the world . Cheaper is not better .

Thats why allot of Walmart workers are on food stamps .

Is this the next standard of the United States ? Minimum wage and food stamps ?

Oh' It all makes my head hurt .

Sorry for the rant .

When i home in Clinton i buy Conoco, in Kansas city its Quicktrip.

ive been to a Shell station once in my life and i will never go back to another one again. :fs1:

and i won't but gas at Caseys anymore. Whenever i but gas at Caseys the fuel pump always seems to go out on whatever vehicle I'm driving. :hmm:

I can remember when Citgo was called City Service. I usually buy from Speedway because they have the best Hot Dogs and Coffee (Other than Dunkin Doughnuts). I used to buy Sunoco (190) but most of the Sunoco stations have closed. Can't ever remember using Citgo. I used to pump gas at a Town Talk Station we all had to wear Black Slacks, Black levy type jackets, white shirts, Bow tie, police style hat and black shoes. We sold Oil in fruit jars with long spouts which we pumped out of big barrels. Gas was 23 cents and so was a pack of cigarettes. Sorry off topic.. Screw Citgo.

Mac...

Thanks CW for posting that info for everyone to see. If the info in the e-mail is correct, I'm glad to see that people are aware of this situation and Citgo sales are struggling in the U.S. As was mentioned earlier there are other oil/petroleum products out there that come from Citgo under other brand names. A few years ago I noticed that the local auto parts brand oil was packaged by Citgo.

Let's be honest, Chavez is a nut job and anyone who disagrees needs to look no further than the world leaders he associates himself with i.e. Iran's Ahmadinejad and Russia's Putin. Make no mistake about it... these are enemies of America. They don't care about your political outlook, your an American and the enemy... We are already battling foreign fighters in Iraq and Afghanistan trained and supplied by these regimes. We will be fighting these guys formally soon enough.

my only rule is to NOT buy fuel at Murphy (WalMart) as all my vehicles run like crap and get terrible MPG on their over ethanolated (made up word) watered down fuel. My carburetor rigs would barely run on the stuff.

I buy Shell when possible but it really doesn't matter as they all come from the same pipeline & truck (aside from walmart)

Did you also know that we get a lot of oil from Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and other mideast countries that don't care much for us?

Halliburton is also in the oil business. We all know what a great company they are. :rotfl2:

Pretty much anybody we buy oil from is trying to screw us. If you are basing your gas purchase upon the morality of the company, you have nowhere to go. Time to start walking everywhere. :roll:

Willy