What brand of gas do you buy?

CWLONGSHOT

Hess and Sunoco buy only American oil, nuff said........

Oh really???

From the Hess corporate page......

The Company has operations in the United States, United Kingdom, Norway, Denmark, Russia, Equatorial Guinea, Algeria, Libya, Gabon, Egypt, Ghana, the Joint Development Area of Malaysia and Thailand, Indonesia, Thailand, Azerbaijan, Australia, Brazil and St. Lucia. We continue to increase reserves outside the mature regions of the United States and North Sea.

Ouch... there is an awful lot of not American there....

Hess and Sunoco buy only American oil, nuff said........

Willy, while these companies are not everywhere, it's nice to know theres a couple of the out there...... My father only buys from Hess unless he is out of town and can't find one.

Do you really believe the propaganda they spit out? As whowey found, none of these companies are what they want you to think they are.

Willy

I'll have to find the article I read in my office. I certainly didn't think they only had operations in America, and I posted without thinking about what I was saying. That being said, what I DO remember is that they are the two largest buyers of American oil, and I believe by a substantial margin. Point being, reason enough to try to buy your fuel there. Around here Hess is usually the price leader too.

The main thing we should be looking for , is the companies that pay their workers a fair wage .

Also , what are they using the money for ?

Chavez , is directly funding a mass production weapons facility , feeding and backing all sorts of militant and terrorist organizations .

Throughout the world .

Same thing with some middle east oil companies , although there ambitions are quite a bit different than people think .

The biggest misconception is that all middle east countries hate us . Not true . Yes they don't want us there , but most of the

average people just want peace , freedom and running water , witch they have never had before .

The Iranian people are very nice . They do not like that we back their enemies . Doesn't mean they will nuke the world .

If so , they would have already done so .

There is a BIG difference between the extreme militants and the countries they live and operate in . There governments do not

condone there actions and wish them gone like the rest of us .

However being in a corrupted , poor , war torn civilization . The terrorists have TONS of recruiting power .

Allot of the Saudi oil rigs employ American contractors , who secure and operate those oil rigs , protecting the Saudi oil .

Allowing them to sell it back to us on the open market .

My brother was posted in those Marine barracks when the terrorists attacked back in the 90's .

Once we quit protecting their investment and ours , some other country will just come and take it .

If we didn't do our job after the second word war , the Russians would have turned that place into a parking lot a long time ago .

Fueling the Communist war machine . Probably starting another world war .

Moral of the story .... Don't listen to CNN or any liberal news media station and take it as truth .

I could go on for hours talking about the conflict I served in , but there isn't enough time in a day .

I don't like our involvement in Saudi , but I like the people we protect and they do too .

As far as taking the U.S down . They got to go through a bunch of tough lipped SOB's like me first .

FAT CHANCE !!

Semper Fi , Hooaah and all that .

De Opresso Liber . girls !!!!

Moral of the story .... Don't listen to CNN or any liberal news media station and take it as truth .

So that would leave Fox News as the propaganda source for the truth? :rotf:

Willy

Exactly !!! Yeah I should have put Liberal / Conservative , to be technical they both do it .

Little bit of terrorism here in our own country . :thumbsup:

Propaganda aside, All the stations in this neck of the high desert... erm, woods... are either Arco/AM-PMs, Shell, Chevron, or some hole-in-the-wall brand gas station. Only one Texaco I know of for 30 miles and its out of the way. All Shells are .08 higher than the Chevrons, which are .05 higher than the AM-PMs and lesser knowns.

To avoid the crappy gas stations, I run only Chevron in the Comanche, Escape, and LeSabre, and will pass other stations to hit a Chevron... the mothballed Accord still has AM-PM gas in it from when it was over $4/gal in April 2008 (with a healthy dose of sta-bil).

• 8 months later...