• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hornbrod whats the belt # for that setup? I finally picked up the neccesary bracketry and idler, but now i need to know what belt to get.

The stock belt for a 99-01 XJ with similar equipment (4.0 w. A/C, PS) is the correct belt since that's what it is now.

Well.... that's not entirely the case.  The alternator sits higher in the engine bay for that belt setup on a stock HO rig.  I know when I did my stroker in my '88 Renix XJ, I used the stock Renix alternator and brackets while everything else changed (HO powersteering pump and idler bracket).  I went to the parts store and asked for a belt for a '96 XJ (same routing as what you posted), got home and it was an inch too short (99 inches).  Went back to the parts store and got a 100 inch belt and now it's perfect.  So if you go that route, the part number for the Dayco belt is 5061000.  It's 100 inches long by 0.82 inches wide.  The alternator sits about 3 inches lower in a Renix than in an HO.  Just some food for thought.

• 2 weeks later...

Stock MJ coolant fan switch                Makes contact: 200* F                 Breaks contact: 174* F           

I tested this 3 times in a pot of water brought slowly up in heat, using a digitail cooking thermometer to mointor temperature.

This does NOT represent what your gauge reads.

tfs522_1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Oil Pan Bolt Pattern - this is a view of the top flange of the oil pan.  When you are under the truck, the sides will be reversed.  Based on a sketch by Cruiser54 and time putting a RMS and oil pan gasket on my 88.

pXj2PvI.png

• 3 months later...

LWB Factory Roll Bar

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Factory Roll bar tie in brackets:

Pictures of the under bed brackets that a member emailed me along time ago not sure if they're posted anywhere else.  

8531526018_4990047ed0.jpg

8531526034_a0d50583c7.jpg

8530414485_7a80d1fcdf.jpg

8531526070_edc5b2ef2c.jpg

8531526076_c0fdbed9da.jpg

8530414545_632f6f190c.jpg

found owner of pictures, jimoshel: link to original post of brackets with rubbers too

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

One I forgot...

Reviving a long dead thread here. I've got an oddball variant of these two. Apparently only the 1990MJ mid and end year MJ's have it. It's a standard H.O. motor, using the Renix layout for pulley/device locations, however it uses a 6 inch longer belt than both the standard H.O. or the Renix.

• Pete M pinned this topic