1990 Rebirth ('97 Conversion)

Rymanrph, Man that sucks that you lost your job. :mad:

I feel your pain, however. I've been there and may be there again at the end of the year if I don't find something different. My brother in law lost his job a couple of months ago, too. :ack:

Anyway, just wanted to drop you a line and tell you how much I appreciate your project.

I've gotten several ideas from yours. You do Great Work!

I appreciate the fact that you drop in on "The Family Truck" too.

Good luck to you and keep us posted. Keep checking out the family truck too. :wrench: It will get done someday. comanche.gif

Mike.

Thanks guys for the support. It will all work out. This truck isn't going anywhere; I will sell my Mustang and the house before I have to sell this truck. I've been wanting to relocate back to Charlotte anyway.

It's definitely not "done" and you will see more of it. It just may not be right away.

That mj looks awesome! Good luck with the job search and your hopeful relocation back to Charlotte. Things do work out and hopefully you won't have to wait long for that to happen. Great build and thanks for the attention to detail.

Buck.

I tried the black grill on the truck. I'm not sure I like it as much as I thought I would. Maybe if I had black wheels; actually I think its the amber turn signals. I was going to buy some clear corners, but those will have to wait.

truck looks amazing dude, can't wait to see it with the rollbar in. I have been following this build thread since it started and you have inspired me to do the same project. when i start I'm sure i will be asking you tons of questions! comanche.gif

Bring it on; I'll be glad to help you any way I can. The roll bar needs some modifications before it can go back in. I need to find a friend that can and has access to a welder.

• 2 weeks later...

After I got the truck back from paint, the driver window didn't work anymore. Since I had some trouble with the switch panel in the past (passenger window and door locks) I decided to bite the bullet and go buy another one. I already tried fixing the one I had and I only made it worse. So I made a trip to the next town over and brought back a new panel to only have it do the exact same thing. Turns out when the truck was painted they unplugged the window motors and forgot to plug the driver side back in. So what should have been a really easy fix took me way too long to figure out. I also shortened my headliner. I sat probably 2 inches too low in the back. You could see that much of it with the slider open. I could probably trim a little more, but its not worth the effort to take it all out again. Man, I can't wait to get this job thing done with so I can get back to work on it.

If I have to sell my Mustang and don't replace it right away after getting a new job, I'm contemplating putting the 3" lift and 31s on the '88 and then going bigger for the '97. We'll see.

I have black '97 style Comanche decals that I'm waiting to put on the doors. The painter is taking the truck back next week to correct a couple things, so I'll put them on after that. I have several MJ decals too that I'm not sure what I'm going to do with yet.

looks good. are you goin to level out the suspension or keep it raked incase you use the bed?

It looks a little more raked than it is because its on a slope, but I'm going to leave it how it is. I like a little rake.

Looks amazing man. It turned out great! Future plans for her?

RockMJ

I'm thinking about swapping the lift and tires over to '88 and going a little bigger on this one, but that's a while down the road. As far as other upgrades go, I'd like to do a spray in bed liner, clear turn signals, fog lights and I still need to modify my Dakota roll bar to fit. Eventually, I'd like to put a stroker in it, but I need this engine to last me for long time.

The donor is gone now. I also made a trip to the dump today to get rid of a bunch of left over parts. I loaded up a bunch of scrap metal to take on Monday, but I can't believe how much I still have in my garage. The XJ was a great storage locker while I had it.

RockMJ

I'm thinking about swapping the lift and tires over to '88 and going a little bigger on this one, but that's a while down the road. As far as other upgrades go, I'd like to do a spray in bed liner, clear turn signals, fog lights and I still need to modify my Dakota roll bar to fit. Eventually, I'd like to put a stroker in it, but I need this engine to last me for long time.

Well, it's your truck, but I think it's nearly perfect now. :thumbsup:

It is quite frankly my favorite comanche at this time. comanche.gif

I love the subtle things you've done such as the cherokee doors, and bumpers and the TJ wheels. I love the stance as is. It's all Jeep!

I would do the liner, fog lights and Dakota roll bar, but not a fan of the clear turn signals.

Great Job!

• 2 weeks later...

RockMJ

How much bigger on the lift are you planning?

How much bigger on the lift are you planning?

I'm not really sure. I've got 3.55 gearing in it now, so I think anything bigger (tires) would just make it annoying to drive. If I did go with 33s or so, I'd want to regear, but I haven't really thought all of that through.

• 2 weeks later...