1990 Rebirth ('97 Conversion)

yeah, my dad was in a similar pickle.  you finally have a son to share your cool 2 seater with, and you have to get rid of it because you have a son.  :(  (his was a TR-6, but the sentiment is the same)

also:

103012918_10159922239518135_6649483462380185568_n.jpg

not that I think this would change you mind, but the backseat is for sure the place to put little kids if your car has airbags.  the front seat is not outright deadly on its own.  but I can understand wanting a bigger (aka heavier) rig.

• 2 weeks later...

Pete, you're definitely right about the air bag situation.  After doing the '97 conversion, there is no way I can put my two year old in the truck and drive safely.  Plus, we'd have to leave mom at home.

In case anyone was wondering why I pulled down my for sale thread, I've actually listed the truck on Cars & Bids.  Part of their agreement for listing a vehicle is that it can't be listed for sale anywhere else during the auction.  In case anyone wants to watch the auction (or bid), here's the link:  https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KZDmBXLb/1990-jeep-comanche-4x4?c=all.

There have been four other Comanches sold on the site in the past including an '89 short bed 4x4 doing well just a few weeks ago.  Watching the bidding can be addicting and can also get pretty exciting at the end if multiple bidders get involved.  Crossing my fingers for a good result.