Has anyone ever given the MJ a "full facelift"?

I've seen MJ's with the front end "facelift" and interior updates, but has anyone ever updated the rear with a facelift from a 97 also?

Wonder how much work it would be?

Just cutting out the boxes, and replacing them in the MJ box?

Are the sizes close?

I agree we need more details, and I have seen the XJ bumper done on the back of an MJ before and I am currently in the process of seeing what its going to take to mount one on my truck, but I'm not sure thats what the OP is talking about. Give us some more info on what youre talking about and we can better serve you!

I seem to remember awhile back a thread about an MJ that had 97+ taillights, and the tailgate was actually a hacked up 97+ hatch. Also had the 97+ front clip and interior. There was more 97 to the truck than whatever year it originally was, so it was actually re-titled as a 97. It was all very nicely doon and a :drool: worthy truck.

I seem to remember awhile back a thread about an MJ that had 97+ taillights, and the tailgate was actually a hacked up 97+ hatch. Also had the 97+ front clip and interior. There was more 97 to the truck than whatever year it originally was, so it was actually re-titled as a 97. It was all very nicely doon and a :drool: worthy truck.

Yeah that truck was actually an xj front end, i.e. including "cab" put on an MJ frame and then an XJ rear grafted on to the bed. IIRC, the tailgate was actually from the hatch of an XJ also ans was made to swing open.

there was another MJ IIRC was in CO and the guy had worked in 97+ XJ tailights. Real nice job, was a dark blue truck. And our same member that spotted it a few years ago saw it again recently and snapped updated pics. The original pics it looked like it had been freshly painted etc. and the recent pics the truck had lost clear coat and started peeling. Could probably find in a search.

I don't think so. :hmm: But the front end swap is almost passe these days. Plenty of them in the projects swap. Even mine:

:D that's as far as it got. I just strapped it to the front with bailing wire. :laughin:

I'm still looking for a pic of that red truck with the rear XJ lights. :typing:

I'm willing to bet that the reason for the dual fuel tanks is cause that section is grafted onto the MJ bed directly from the '97 + XJ body. It would make sense, tail lights already will bolt right up and so will all of the plastic on the bottom of the body.

Personally I don't care for that look in the front and NO WAY in the back. I'm so glad I reverted my '90 back to the stock setup!

I'm willing to bet that the reason for the dual fuel tanks is cause that section is grafted onto the MJ bed directly from the '97 + XJ body. It would make sense, tail lights already will bolt right up and so will all of the plastic on the bottom of the body.

Personally I don't care for that look in the front and NO WAY in the back. I'm so glad I reverted my '90 back to the stock setup!

:agree:

I agree with everything that was said there.

i just noticed the steering column isn't right for a late model xj, looks like one out of a later zj (circa 98).

i'm still torn on the front end from late models vs. the original, but i know i like the interior in my 99 xj better than an older xj/mj i've had. the rear on that red one? noooo.

:hmm: one link says it's in los angeles, and this one says it's in the philly area. plus, the one shown in LA I don't think has a roll bar on it. no way there are two MJs built exactly that way................do i smell a rat?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ct ... 71052.html

There are subtle differences between the two trucks - rims, rollbar, bench/buckets, interior panels are a different color, steering wheel. They very well could be two different trucks that happen to be the same exterior color.

:hmm: one link says it's in los angeles, and this one says it's in the philly area. plus, the one shown in LA I don't think has a roll bar on it. no way there are two MJs built exactly that way................do i smell a rat?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ct ... 71052.html

There are subtle differences between the two trucks - rims, rollbar, bench/buckets, interior panels are a different color, steering wheel. They very well could be two different trucks that happen to be the same exterior color.

Yeah, but both claim to be almost exclusively parts from 97 XJs. If simply coincidence, it's quite amazing IMO because the also both incorporated XJ rear bumpers and the "tail/hatch gate". :dunno:

The one in LA has the MJ tailgate vs the one in PA having one made from the XJ hatch. They're different. I've seen I think, two others besides these two and one of them was red as well which they look like they use Flame Red from Jeep.