STOLEN! My 88 MJ chief (RECOVERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

LJRockstar

Eveyone keep your eyes on the internet auction sites, My 88 MJ chief was stolen on friday from in front of my shop in Philadelphia PA.

There was recent damage from an accident. It was sitting awaiting the Insurance companys approval for payment.

There are pics of it here:

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11025&highlight=

If you see anything like it around let me know!

It had an Alpine Stereo, HID headlights and JL speakers all the way around. Including a 10" sub and a JL amp. All well hidden but now probably crack money.

Aside from someone who wheels or likes jeeps, I can't imagine who whould steal a comanche. Theres no huge parts value for it parted out (compared to new cars). I'd expect an Escalade to be stolen in Philly, never a comanche. That sucks, sorry to hear about that!

now,now Rockstar... You know you had someone sneak that chief out the backdoor when no one was looking.... Now when you get the $$ from insurance you might be able to send me a few bills to keep me hushed... :D :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

now,now Rockstar... You know you had someone sneak that chief out the backdoor when no one was looking.... Now when you get the $$ from insurance you might be able to send me a few bills to keep me hushed... :D :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Don't even joke! It had Basic coverage, so it being stolen wouldn't benefit me in the least

Relax, five bucks says two days from now they'll find it in a Denny's parking lot with the keys under the tire.

Worst case is that they'll take your stereo and maybe tires. It happened to my 84 VW GTI. Stolen from Harrisburg and dropped off in Reading.I got a call five days after it was stolen saying it had been abandoned in the parking lot. I'll keep an eye out over here but I bet ya it's still in Philly.

WE FOUND IT!!!!

My Buisness partner was walking the Jr. our LAZY guard dog, and spotted the MJ parked about 4 blocks from the shop! Stereo is gone, steering column is all messed up, and they punched out the door lock. Also my dimond plate tool box was taken from the bed. All in all not to bad really. I am Taking a break from putting in a column from a 93 XJ right now. I will need a new door due to the accident and now this.

I have some cool ideas for what to do to it now Keep an eye open for a build thread in the future.

WE FOUND IT!!!!

My Buisness partner was walking the Jr. our LAZY guard dog, and spotted the MJ parked about 4 blocks from the shop! Stereo is gone, steering column is all messed up, and they punched out the door lock. Also my dimond plate tool box was taken from the bed. All in all not to bad really. I am Taking a break from putting in a column from a 93 XJ right now. I will need a new door due to the accident and now this.

I have some cool ideas for what to do to it now Keep an eye open for a build thread in the future.

Great to hear - Rich

Relax, five bucks says two days from now they'll find it in a Denny's parking lot with the keys under the tire.

Worst case is that they'll take your stereo and maybe tires. It happened to my 84 VW GTI. Stolen from Harrisburg and dropped off in Reading.I got a call five days after it was stolen saying it had been abandoned in the parking lot. I'll keep an eye out over here but I bet ya it's still in Philly.

Told YA :D

Told YA :D

Chico, how much did you sell the stereo for? :rotfl2:

Don't even joke! It had Basic coverage, so it being stolen wouldn't benefit me in the least

;)

I'm glad you.. cough, cough, I mean -they brought it back. :D lol

Really though glad you didnt get it back in totally FUBAR'ed shape!

Nice to see a happy ending. jamminz.gif

Most stolen Jeeps become a boat anchor after the thief has had their way with it in a joy ride from hell. :nuts:

Did the police dust it for prints or what not? I know, I watch to much TV.

:cheers: