This will piss you off or you will like. you make the choice

icurunnin

I had no luck selling my comanche so I decided to go the route I wanted and slap some big wheels on it. Well first plan was trying to find some black 22's and that was a difficult task considering there is so much chrome in the bigger sizes. I finally came across these 24" Foose Nitrous that were only a month old. I slapped them on and prayed they wouldnt rub and they don't. I would like to drop it 2"s or throw a 45 series tire on them since the 30 is kinds on the thin side. Let the flames begin :yes: and compliments for anyone (if any) like them :nuts: .

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the jeep dealer I used to work at, the owners stupid teenage daughter had an XJ that she put 22" wheels on. I always thought it looked pretty good. And yours looks pretty good too...now if you just had the body work done and some really shiny paint...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They look out of place. The rims are just too big.

I would probably like them with some 15"-16" rotors using some big calipers. I would the drop the front about 2" the rear 3"-4", find or make some ground effects and replace the rear bumper with a roll pan. I would also bob the box about 12" and lose the red stripe.

Then it would look better.

I did see a decrease in stopping distance with these monsters. I know its not for everyone, thats why I can take the talk. I would rather go with a taller tire then to drop it so it rides smoother and feels the gap.

Now I need to stroke it and throw a blower on it :smart:

It pretty much works for me because those wheels are BLAZIN HOT! Damn ol' Chip can draw up some wheels fo' sho'! But as already noted, to finish it out, I'd go with a set of Dubs in that style if they can be had, 45 series rubber like you said, roll pan like TNT, mirror finish black paint, and no doubt you need a brake kit including converting to discs on the rear. :thumbsup:

my brother went from this

l_d73ec33fe96745318eb72cb12ebf7d0d.jpg

to this

to current, this

l_7627d6c057914cf7b26da52c67f3d118.jpg

i'm down with whatever! like the wheel but agree it needs more love so it'll fit better with the truck, and disc-brakes and upsizing is necessary to fill it up

yeah, well shows he's getting smarter.

....cause that first car wasn't just fugly, it was just plain ghey.

The wheels are too big.

The brakes are too small.

The tires are too thin.

Its the wrong choice for a 4x4.

And in my humble opinion it looks gayer than Elton John riding a Unicorn over a rainbow.

I would expect the driver of a rig like that to be on his way to the Liquor store for to cash his welfare check and buy some KOOL's and a Colt 45.

Basicly what I'm trying to say is that its not for me.

I guess i am suprised that it doesn't look too bad. Not my style, but not overly offenive either. What I think looks the worst is someone who puts a major lift in a truck and runs those wheel/ tire combos. Saw a lot of trucks like that in Florida.

Definitely not my style, but I think the black wheels help tone it down to where it's not as offensive looking. I think it needs smaller wheels and bigger/thicker tires. I like the ride height as it is...if it were lower then it would be more offensive looking.

I'd say there too big. I'd look for somebody with a nice set of 17s or 18s, maybe even 20s, or something in that area, and work out a trade since that should be possible. Then I'd pick a tire with enough rubber that you won't destroy the rims on minor pot-holes, and then LOWER THE BAJEEZUS out of it.

But that's what I'd do. I just think it's too tall and the rim/tire combo is over-all too big.

I know the style isnt for everyone so no worries. everyone is going to have their own opinion about them which is what makes us all different.

I may end up selling them if I can make some money off them. I didnt give much for them and they go for serious coin being they are "Foose" wheels. we'll see what happens.